common sense out the window .......the new beginning

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
someone was watching over them....raising temp at the end of the cure means chamber fire, if you open it at that point you would have a flash fire and anyone at the door would have been burned or even killed....
you never open it for 24 hrs..period

Glad there were no injuries! Hope the machines are easy to repair.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
so far we have found a few problems, we know why the temp kept raising a contactor fried so it had power all the time..the new one should be here this morning<we robbed one from the other chamber>

then we found why that chamber has been burning up elements it had lose connections/bad crimps on a couple wires.
today going to blow out all the vacuum lines, found out that they have been using water when they bag the tires, no wonder why the eps manifold was full of water.

have a couple other repairs to do just waiting on parts....

time for breakfast..... it's going to be another rainy day here....

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it just impossible to train people to do this job? I know it has lots of moving parts, it requires thinking, action and researching what is going wrong. There is no young person who has a desire to learn? No one who takes pride in their job and wants to be the best that they can be? There can be only so many computer techs and brain surgeons, trades are still needed and are in demand.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it just impossible to train people to do this job? I know it has lots of moving parts, it requires thinking, action and researching what is going wrong. There is no young person who has a desire to learn? No one who takes pride in their job and wants to be the best that they can be? There can be only so many computer techs and brain surgeons, trades are still needed and are in demand.

it seams your right

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
spent first part of the morning checking all the vacuum lines..no issues there
installed the new contactor.. pulls in and out like its suppose too..
tighten all the wire connections in both cabinets..yup found a lot that were lose..

hum for some strange reason with the 2 of us out here they produced 2 perfect chamber loads of tires., but 25 tires a day is not going to pays the bills.

told the g/m that he could get 100 tires a day if he would get everyone get out of their sloth mode...

today going to work on a spreader they have it so screwed up no wonder it's bending the turnbuckle shift, yup another ups overnight load of parts... it.s only been 10 years since i had to re clock a spreader, of course the instructions are back at my shop, so had the parts house send me them.....

the continental tech is going to be working on the buffers so they buff the tires correctly and remove all the other programs that are not needed....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
finally home 8.8 hr drive of course it rained alllllll the way home, believe it or not everyone was playing nice on the interstates....
had a sh!ty time sleeping this trip never got not more than 4-5 hrs of sleep, but for a holiday inn they had a excellent hotel breakfast....real good coffee!!!!!!!!

yesterday spent 6 hrs rebuilding the one side of the spreader, omg it was all messed up gears/bolts in the wrong position, years of grease most of the time was just getting the bent shafts out of the gears.
even bent my brass draft removing them, yup they will be buying me a new one...
IMG_1113[1].JPG

once getting all the old crap out it was simple, yes @Ridgerunner it's amazing what you can do when you follow the instructions :lol: :lol: ..
this is what it should look like.. wish i took a photo of before.....
IMG_1114[1].JPG

after clocking the turnbuckle shafts correctly clocking the arms went smoothly....
1 turnbuckle shaft, 2 gear shafts and 2 gears going to guess 1900.00 for not doing the job right the first time.
IMG_1115[1].JPG

the new shop manager is suppose to start tomorrow...hum is that holiday inn biscuits and gravy i smell, have a strange feeling i will be back sooner than planned :hide:hide.

Last edited:

Latest posts