Craigslist and Other Bargains

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got this great pup 4 mo. ago for a bargain price, especially for the breeds in his mix and for this area. He's Anatolian/Great Pyr/Maremma mix, from working parents, and I got him for $100. He's working out to be a great chicken dog and a real sweet family dog, smart, eager to please, learning fast, calm and even tempered.

Got him at 2 mo. old and he's now 6 mo. old....

900x900px-LL-c0434ec1_100_3555.jpeg

LL

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
People in my area are soooo nice! When I found the greenhouse frame for $50, it was several days before we could go get it. The man selling it agreed to hold it for me and he took it off Craigslist. The man selling the fuel tank held the tank for us to get it the next day, and he even delivered it!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seller of gates emailed me, they are a hour away. I asked seller if we could meet somewhere that was 15 minutes away for him.He said no, now I have to decide if I want to spend my time and gas on a 2 hour around trip. The gates are very contemporary for my taste, but priced cheap. Never heard back from wrought iron arbor.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, if you really like them and want them, then I would do the 1 hr. trip to get there. I've done it several times. In fact, it seems like everything I like is that far away! I just tell my husband we are going for a drive in the country and having a nice lunch some where. ;) It helps if there is somewhere to stop that he likes such as a winery or something.

Mary

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
It's not a Craig's List, just my couponing self. I had to buy a $20.00 office item at Staples online yesterday. It showed that I had a $20.00 coupon that was to expire yesterday. I couldn't get it to work, so I called for help with my order. They applied it, I got the file folders for free, AND they sent me a couple for the extra $.51
I ALWAYS mail in or go online and fill out rebates and stuff. DD's did the same for their Black Friday stuff and ended up with $85.00 in rebates to spend on house supplies at Menards.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Nyboy, if you really like them and want them, then I would do the 1 hr. trip to get there. I've done it several times. In fact, it seems like everything I like is that far away! I just tell my husband we are going for a drive in the country and having a nice lunch some where. ;) It helps if there is somewhere to stop that he likes such as a winery or something.

Mary
I watch "California Bountiful" and It looks like you'all have wineries all OVER the place! WHAT fun.