Dandelion flowers...How do YOU eat them?

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just read that you can fry them up and eat them. Does anyone have any recipies on how to do this?

Any other recipies?

I know you can eat the leaves, but this is the first time I read anything about eating the flowers of dandelions. (Thank you EasyGarden Forum!)

I have about 50 of them washed and drying on paper towels and ready to go!!

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I just read that you can fry them up and eat them. Does anyone have any recipies on how to do this?

Any other recipies?

I know you can eat the leaves, but this is the first time I read anything about eating the flowers of dandelions. (Thank you EasyGarden Forum!)

I have about 50 of them washed and drying on paper towels and ready to go!!
Well, one way is to fry up a little bacon, take the bacon out and crumble it up. Put some apple cider vinegar and a little sugar into the bacon grease and heat it up while stirring until the sugar is melted. Pour over dandelions, dandelion greens, a little spinach if you have it and wilt everything. Eat while warm.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
did you make some of the flowers yet? I have never cooked them I have used them for wine but not cooking! the leaves yes but the flowers no ..so fill me in how do the flowers turn out?

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I haven't made any fried dandelion flowers, but I have been adding them to my salads at night. I desperately want to fry them but I only cheat on the weekends. :D

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I did fry the asparagus yesterday in tempura, but I figured it was close enough to the weekend, it was only Monday! :gig

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My daughter likes dandelion leaves, I think she just steams them. Look at her website, www.lonelilly.com as she just blogged about this and some other wild greens.

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I think she's a great writer! She got me hooked and created my website. I just don't write as well! I'm just crazy about ducks ;-)

Latest posts