Dandelions-Not A Weed! I made Tea! pg 3

pale towodi

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Quote baymule: murky, alge, pond water green~ Listen to this: Hi, Would you like to come over for a cupa Alge, pond water green tea?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a tall variety with a blue flower. Endive is, I'm told, a dandelion.

images
images

Chicory is certainly in the dandelion family (it technically isn't endive unless and until it's been blanched) in that they are both members of the Asteracae (daisy) faimly. Whether or not you consider it a dandelion depends on where you draw the line with regards to what is and is not a dandelion. They're both in the same tribe (Chicoridae) but the "official" dandelion is in a different subtribe, Crepide as is the Hawksbeard (and lettuce).

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree, tall dandelion flowers don't like the vermin dandelions we face....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do they make a puffball Bay?
Yes they do! That's why I let them stay in my garden, years ago. I remembered what fun it was to find the puff ball, as a kid, and as a grown up-I still like to find the puff ball and blow on it.

@valley ranch you have chicory! I want seeds, I will order them online. I want to plant chicory too, it makes a great forage plant also.

Latest posts