Dang I feel dumb.....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some great news and some bad news......

Today, I asked ONE more time, they are on back porch-last place I remember. She put them in a blue box on bottom of pile. But mind you, she never touched them......

Bad news, I placed the Yankees somewhere else. So the hunt continues.... @Nyboy This is beyond Nancy Drew, I'm calling Sherlock....... The mystery continues.....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Old shed had structural issues. Had thieves helping themselves, so answer, build new shed. So tore down the old shed, built new one. Now I can't find my bucket of seeds..... Had all my carryover seeds in there, now gone. Why didn't I store them somewhere safer? I have no idea what I did with the bucket. Maybe in burn hole?
That is the worst thing ever.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Greatest Criminal Investigators know that clues are not likely to be found at Eye Level:

Search High

Clouseau2.JPG
Search Low

Clouseau3.JPG

________________________________digitS'

Clouseau.JPG

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DH just went through this with a nice pair of pruners he purchased. They went missing for about a year before he broke down and bought another pair. He searched everywhere.

This year, he bought another pair. The old pair showed up a couple days later, in a knap sack deep in the closet.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I pray when something gets lost. Usually DH lost the item, his paycheck, keys, timecard, etc. Once someone found a DVD (a while back!) in DH's workplace parking lot and they returned it to the video store. Someone down the block returned his paycheck that was in their yard (?). If what is lost isn't found I know it's gone forever...like our dog that was shut up in our porch but was gone when we returned. After several months I've giving up on her showing up again. :hit

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@lcertuche , I moved from the country to a town job where I was required to live on the property. In the process of getting established, I left my two dogs in my parent's backyard. A windstorm blew the gate down and the youngest dog disappeared.

The older dog had the sense to be there the next morning. I just bet that the other dog, about 2, went into someone's home ... was "rescued."

It was okay. Many people who would do that have the best of intentions and make good neighbors. She was a friendly dog. I had assumed that her father was a Border Collie but whether that was true or not, she had her mother's spaniel/poodle personality. And, my parents' neighbors were several miles from my neighborhood. I lost her :).

Almost exactly 8 years after this loss, I was driving past a housing development about a half mile from my parents' home. There she was! I didn't stop. She was with a whole bunch of kids of various ages playing in the street and she was watching them. Everything fit: color and pattern, age.

I think they often find a home. And, the people who take them in are good playmates to them and good neighbors.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@lcertuche , I moved from the country to a town job where I was required to live on the property. In the process of getting established, I left my two dogs in my parent's backyard. A windstorm blew the gate down and the youngest dog disappeared.

The older dog had the sense to be there the next morning. I just bet that the other dog, about 2, went into someone's home ... was "rescued."

It was okay. Many people who would do that have the best of intentions and make good neighbors. She was a friendly dog. I had assumed that her father was a Border Collie but whether that was true or not, she had her mother's spaniel/poodle personality. And, my parents' neighbors were several miles from my neighborhood. I lost her :).

Almost exactly 8 years after this loss, I was driving past a housing development about a half mile from my parents' home. There she was! I didn't stop. She was with a whole bunch of kids of various ages playing in the street and she was watching them. Everything fit: color and pattern, age.

I think they often find a home. And, the people who take them in are good playmates to them and good neighbors.

Steve
I get mad when hear about rescue dogs that were "abandoned." I know terrible are done to animals. But many people rescue pets that are merely lost. My Dal is a runner. She ran through our invisible fence so many times I had to put her on a run. She is 8, loves us dearly, but still would take off into the woods in an instant and thinks any car will stop for her. Good for you leaving her with all of those loving kids.

Latest posts