Dang I feel dumb.....

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alex, it's a money issue. Are you going to donate enough money to allow them to house and feed them for a few extra days? Maybe you can lead a campaign for a dedicated tax increase to provide the money? That will make you real popular with some people.

It's an issue here for the county. How much money do you budget for the shelter? A few times they've had to do an emergency appropriation out of reserves to provide the extra money they need. That was the first couple of years after the shelter was built. Now they know the real cost of operating that facility.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hear you no one wants to pay more taxes. But I know it does not cost me much more to house a dog 5 days then 3 days. 2 extra days can mean being reunited with family.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Assume pounds are full? So IF you keep every animal 2 more days, how many more pens do you have to build and maintain?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not talking about dogs turned in by owner or dogs that have been running wild. I am talking about dogs that get lost and where well taken care of. You can tell the difference between a dog that has been living on the streets from one that was living in a home 2 days ago. 3 days is not a lot of time

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will grant you 3 days is not a lot of time.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It would unite many if they kept them 5 we would need to let others go down
that is how politicians can tie shelter hands no one wants to be a kill shelter find people
vomiting after they do it don't try to shelter want to kill Please

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DW (who never touched them) put them back into envelope sent by @Nyboy and then put them on a back shelf (hidden by printer). Hate to think how hard they would be to find IF she touched them.....

Latest posts