Dang you Tractor Supply

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's sap time from maple trees. Always wanted to try but not enough to actually do it.
Yup, maple sap. For years I had said I wanted to do it, and now we are. DH seems to be having the most fun with it. We've given away 2 pints and a half pint to family already and there are 5 finished pints on the table plus a little more in the fridge. Got too cold again though so everything is frozen. Sap should be running again by Tuesday, I hope.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@baymule you'll have to. Come up and get some. When it's tapped and cooked down over a wood fire believe me it's almost impossible to beat!!! Never done it but my BIL does and believe me it's worth the time.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, my local Tractor Supply had roses for sale when i went last week. so probably not too early for them. the ones they had weren't showing any budding on them yet though.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Keep your eyes peeled @Chickie'sMomaInNH I went plant by plant looking for any hint that it was going to leaf out.

Yes I was THAT GUY who had over a dozen roses on the floor as I carefully scanned each variety I wanted over with a VERY critical eye before I bought what I did.

And yes I put everything back that I got out and didn't purchase ;)

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was at my TSC and Home Depot on Thursday/Friday. No roses, but lots of grapes and berry plants.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My TSC favorites at this time tends to be wire, T-posts and gates. LOL Roses will come later. Tyler is the Rose Capital, famous for roses, has a rose garden to die for and tons of greenhouses.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
when i went last week and took a closer look at those roses i noticed the few leaf buds one them were all crispy. so i passed looking any further at them. i will check later at my local greenhouse to see if they have something i like even better.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I openly admit I'm pretty OCD once I decide what I want finding the best specimen within the group there. It was TERRIBLE when we went ornamental tree shopping. We figured out which types we wanted and then I went into full on white glove crazy inspector mode. My wife literally said "call me when you find which one you want I'm going to look at what else they have".

Latest posts