Daughter invited me to come for a ride.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Keep talking, I'll just lay here and listen.

Attachments

• IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 191

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
He acts like a puppy ,why do people say stallions are dangerous ?
Because stallions are ruled by their testicles. Stallions think sex, food, sex, water, sex, food, sex, water, sex, sex...... Their greatest desire is to procreate. Richard's daughter is an extraordinary young lady and this stallion recognizes that quality in her.

Not all stallions are misbehaving maniacs, but they ALL take a person who knows what they are doing with horses. I have never had a stallion nor do I desire to have one. Stallions are not for beginners.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been in the horse breeding business for 38 years. I have stood up to 4 breeding stallions at stud to the public at the same time. At times I have had up to 50 outside mares in to be bred. I had one stallion that I owned that was bred and born on my ranch that was the most friendly , docile horse that loved to be around children. My 4 year old son led him from his stall to his corral every day all by himself with my supervision at all times. One day, while love was in the air and 10 mares needed to be bred. I got a mare out, wrapped her tail, washed her hind end. Got this stallion out to breed the mare as everyday routine. Got this stallion out, washed his genitals, and started to lead him toward the mare to be bred, when another stallion sounded off a challange call, then my super docile stallion grabbed me by my shoulder , picked me off the ground and threw me like a rag doll, then attacked the other stallion. Took all I had to get off the ground and break up the stallion fight between this stallion and the other one who was in his stall. I still have a tooth scar on the back of my right shoulder. All stallions should be highly respected at all times as they are a powder keg just waiting to explode at the slightest provocation. :old

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been in the horse breeding business for 38 years. I have stood up to 4 breeding stallions at stud to the public at the same time. At times I have had up to 50 outside mares in to be bred. I had one stallion that I owned that was bred and born on my ranch that was the most friendly , docile horse that loved to be around children. My 4 year old son led him from his stall to his corral every day all by himself with my supervision at all times. One day, while love was in the air and 10 mares needed to be bred. I got a mare out, wrapped her tail, washed her hind end. Got this stallion out to breed the mare as everyday routine. Got this stallion out, washed his genitals, and started to lead him toward the mare to be bred, when another stallion sounded off a challange call, then my super docile stallion grabbed me by my shoulder , picked me off the ground and threw me like a rag doll, then attacked the other stallion. Took all I had to get off the ground and break up the stallion fight between this stallion and the other one who was in his stall. I still have a tooth scar on the back of my right shoulder. All stallions should be highly respected at all times as they are a powder keg just waiting to explode at the slightest provocation. :old
I can't even speak..

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I was most impressed reading about Trekhaner "Abdullah" in "Practical Horseman." (1984 Olympic Show Jumper, USA.) They trained him to understand the difference between the regular halter and the fuzzy "breeding" halter, and schooled him in an arena surrounded by grazing broodmares, the double whammy, horses eating and...mares. Then, when he was shown he didn't misbehave.
Wish I had THAT amount of time to train...

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Horses can be trained, I think discipline is a good word, just as bulls and any other animal, Human is the most discipline being.

I've seen this Stallion act up while next to a mare, he was ready, verbal, physical at a peak, a young girl said to him, something like: Strider~and he did a 180 paying close attention to readying for the ride that was about to take place, he had a physical change you may be able to imagine, if you've been around Stallions, I've seen this at least three times.

This may not be possible if a Stallion is raised, corralled and kept as stock, but right now I'm a believer I'm seeing it happen.

I do very much like the story of working at a Horse Factory, and being grabbed and thrown down, like a rag doll, I'll add that, if I retell it. But, I'm seeing things differently, done differently and I have to describe it as discipline, this of course requires a Bull, Dog or Stallion to give over.

With the Bull, I said to myself, well she raised him from a pup, that's why, But with a teen aged Stallion, I da know, maybe like my friend from Texas says, she gave him back his Soul.

Last edited: