Daughter invited me to come for a ride.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Today they she and Strider walked a bit to exercise his leg, it's still a bit swollen. She gave him hugs and he did the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: pjn

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
:yuckyuck:gig:yuckyuck

He was put in a corral for 14 years? :thNo wonder he loves your daughter so much. She brought his soul back to life! It is obvious that they were made to be together. He is beautiful and they are both happy. :love
Bless you for taking him!! At LEAST he was fed. There are just TOO MANY horses out there for people who want them. I have to make time to train and ride nowadays, but I spent two hours yesterday mucking out stalls that I couldn't get to--one was wet--so that my 3 horses could have some nice, dry beds for the coldest night in a whole month. A lot of people cannot sell the horse that they once wanted and cut back $ for feed and care. He COULD have been in MUCH worse shape.
I don't even want to recant the story my Vet told me about neglect a few years back--"not one piece of hay or straw to be seen..." YES, several horses there were dead.
I wish that people would NOT breed unless they show and are bringing up the next show horse bc their current one is getting on in years. Even THEN, just like a previous post, people won't keep their elderly horses that cannot handle their sport, or just cannot be ridden any more.
:love :love :love to your DD.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 2 senior horses that will die with me. I will not, can not, send them to slaughter--ever. One is a 28 year old gelding that is the love of my life, he is still ridable and a marvelous baby sitter. The other is a 30 year old Tennessee Walker mare that has carried me many a mile, she has breathing issues, like COPD and I no longer ride her. No matter, she has earned her place. Both are roly-poly fat and look like 8 year olds. While I recognize that there is a place for horse slaughter, it is not for mine.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have 2 senior horses that will die with me. I will not, can not, send them to slaughter--ever. One is a 28 year old gelding that is the love of my life, he is still ridable and a marvelous baby sitter. The other is a 30 year old Tennessee Walker mare that has carried me many a mile, she has breathing issues, like COPD and I no longer ride her. No matter, she has earned her place. Both are roly-poly fat and look like 8 year olds. While I recognize that there is a place for horse slaughter, it is not for mine.
:hugs:hugs:love

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
That's the way a good bunch of people feel, horses are a beautiful, special creature. There are surprisingly those who just don't have that part built into them, they think of horses as if they've no more nobility that a chicken maybe less. This guy one time was telling me about his wife's horse, saying he'd like to take it hunting, ride it back to camp and shoot it before coming home, dumbest animals on the planet, kill em all.

There's no understanding someone that thinks of horses like that, like they have a grudge in their heart, or no heart at all. I mean can a person with that kinda brain, that kinda thinking know God?

Latest posts