deep fried beets

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew up on canned beets too. Years ago, I grew them and made my own pickled beets and they were yummy. I haven't really grown beets, probably because I was so restricted on space. I did grow a few and they were very good roasted. Deep fried beets........ :drool

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't grown beets for a long time but they taste so good right out of the garden. When I first tried to grow them they didn't do well so I had our soil analyzed, found out it was low in potash, added some and after that they grew really well. DS#1 does a roasted mixed veggie dish in which he sprinkles curry powder, actually it's quite good. I haven't tried roasting them myself I just boil, peel, slice and slather them in butter, pepper and a little salt. One of our grandsons doesn't peel them just scrubs and roasts.
Annette

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Younger, not crazy about beets. Now I like them. Wife candies them out of garden. Can't wait to try roasted.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I boiled the beets without peeling and I left a good inch of leaf stems on them too. I also roasted them the same way-without peeling.

Latest posts