Digging into February

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Heavens! I am sore from last weekend's storms first shoveling snow, then some rain and melting with the snowplow closing my driveway, then another day trying to clear the parking in front of the house that had turned into massive chunks of ice after a 20°f morning ...

Now, it's snowing again. Might be a lot with a 100% chance of "heavy rain," tomorrow! Freezing hard again!

Sunny on the weekend, I'll be a basket case if I have to move much more slush or ice with a shovel ... wonder if my basement will flood ... maybe that Ground Hog will drown!

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sweetpea >>
6b3d9fea7dc63e7956486af79161551b.jpg

:)
How Sweet ;)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Talk about a roller coaster. We just set a couple of heat records, tomorrow morning it is forecast to be below 20, then in a couple of more days another heat record is forecast. We got absolutely no rain out of the system that just went through so I carried water to some things yesterday, we're that dry. This is supposed to be the time of year it stays wet and our groundwater gets recharged.

I have noticed grass turning green and some trees just starting to bud out.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Good Heavens! I am sore from last weekend's storms first shoveling snow, then some rain and melting with the snowplow closing my driveway, then another day trying to clear the parking in front of the house that had turned into massive chunks of ice after a 20°f morning ...

Now, it's snowing again. Might be a lot with a 100% chance of "heavy rain," tomorrow! Freezing hard again!

Sunny on the weekend, I'll be a basket case if I have to move much more slush or ice with a shovel ... wonder if my basement will flood ... maybe that Ground Hog will drown!

Steve
I was SUCH a great mom--bought my two DD's (who own a house together) a very fine snowblower that they have Yet to to use and YET to unpack from the box. You KNOW if we have any big snows this winter that they would be jealously looking at my pretty powerful snowblower that I bought (almost the last one) right before a big snow a few years ago. I chided them about it, but said, maybe you LIKE shoveling, instead.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a fantasy of making it though winter without paying a dime for plowing. Everytime it snow I pay for 3 plow jobs. 2 home driveways and work parking lot :hit