Digging into February

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We may have only 36°f tonight, @baymule
CowboySmileyClaps-1.gif
. I'll let you know if that is a good or bad thing.

It wasn't quite a Texas overnight situation ... ;). Nearest WS station had it as 33°f. I checked the history for the Weather Underground volunteer nearer by ... that machine showed the same (but with a 51° afternoon! That's gotta be wrong and because sunshine hit that thermometer.)

Good or Bad? I accidentally came on some national news about a local river and an ice jam! What, you guys need some "ice age" conditions to balance "global warming?" :D. Well, there is just a little small stream flooding where the water has been slowed, ice forms, warmth prompts snow melting and rising water, ice breaks and dams the flow.

These ice dams can be problems. A HUGE ice dam was an apparent huge problem during the last ice age, about 15,000 years ago. A repeat problem - flood damage can be identified now hundreds of miles downstream! February 2017 -- don't hold your breath for anything like that happening.

With 40° afternoons and overnight freezing, I think we are getting through some melting just fine ... although minor street flooding may be hard on brakes ...

Steve

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
giggle yp do that when I talk also plants are growing pure chicken crap
one being super garlic.. We do sit at the startup to one path to Mt Rainier the one that run on highway 12

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have to ask, is champurrado an acquired taste? Hate to go to trouble of making only to find out it is. Mexican chocolate or couple of the other ingredients.
I don't think so. It's usually made at Christmas time along with the tamales.

It's just a couple of quarts of water, 1 round of mexican chocolate Abuelita, 3 sticks of cinnamon. You bring to boil and stir so chocolate melts. If it's not sweet enough add more chocolate. Add 2 cans of evaporated milk. Dissolve cup of Masa Harina in water and pour in slowly and stir.

It's hard to describe what it tastes like. Sort of chocolatey, cinnamony, and very mild corn taste.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW has been buying corn nuts for me.

They are almost addicting! I'm hoping that with all the butter, they aren't too high-calorie :\.

How would you think something like this would be? Fruition Chocolate. I've had their candy bars, expensive but good!

Steve

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Crazy week!
6" Tuesday, 7" Thursday, 8" Saturday, in the midst of the 16" that is supposed to fall today, and another 10" coming Wednesday!

I need to wade out and find the chickens. Some are in the structure in the top photo, others are in the far right hoop.
After lots of storms that ended in ice, the cross-country skiing is perfect. Keeping a trail cut is another story!

Latest posts