Discombobulated

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
In a setting with 30+ people, I would shuffle off into a corner and maybe interact with 1 or 2 people, depending on who comes by.

@flowerbug , with 100 people I would entirely vanish into the woodwork and, likely, right through the wall to the parked car. Could I possibly hear and be part of a 1-to-1 conversation in that large of a group? Probably not even outdoors.

Isn't a forum social media?

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
In a setting with 30+ people, I would shuffle off into a corner and maybe interact with 1 or 2 people, depending on who comes by.

@flowerbug , with 100 people I would entirely vanish into the woodwork and, likely, right through the wall to the parked car. Could I possibly hear and be part of a 1-to-1 conversation in that large of a group? Probably not even outdoors.

Isn't a forum social media?

Steve

i rarely can hear anyone clearly if there are multiple people talking at once. because i'm no longer used to it and do very few party type things at all. i do tend to fade into the background or try to find a quieter place to talk to just a few people at a time.

forums like this i don't consider social media with the complications i want to avoid because it is very unlikely i'd have to cope with all the family and drama of so many relatives. :)

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don’t handle large crowds either. I have a hearing disorder that is made 10x worse by large crowds. I’ve had it since I was a kid. It really depends on the group though. I can do the larger family gatherings with just Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and their kids with anywhere from 20-40 people since we’ve been doing this 2-3 times a year since I was kid. I’m close enough to most that I could call them up to chat without it being weird. And very there’s little drama. I’m very lucky we are all somewhat close. On the other hand I remember being in a my teens and going to see extended family that I hadn’t seen in years and even though it was only 15-20 people I completely freaked out. I’m I was only slightly better pre-COVID and I’m sure I’m worse now. Highschool reunions are rather terrifying and I have no plans to attend any.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don’t handle large crowds either. I have a hearing disorder that is made 10x worse by large crowds. I’ve had it since I was a kid. It really depends on the group though. I can do the larger family gatherings with just Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and their kids with anywhere from 20-40 people since we’ve been doing this 2-3 times a year since I was kid. I’m close enough to most that I could call them up to chat without it being weird. And very there’s little drama. I’m very lucky we are all somewhat close. On the other hand I remember being in a my teens and going to see extended family that I hadn’t seen in years and even though it was only 15-20 people I completely freaked out. I’m I was only slightly better pre-COVID and I’m sure I’m worse now. Highschool reunions are rather terrifying and I have no plans to attend any.

i have a few relatives that it is very hard for me to visit because they are very loud and after a short time my head starts to hurt. after an hour i need to go outside or for a walk or something. at least talking to them on the phone i can hold the phone a ways away from my ear.

i've never attended any of the high school stuff or the college stuff, i'm just not into crowds. i have gone back and visited the college once in a while but those were informal visits.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Skill Development for those of us .

. Reclusive Types:

Screenshot_20210312-062603_kindlephoto-397132445.png

:D Steve

Latest posts