Discombobulated

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe because she is? I’m noticing what I thought was last year is actually 20-40 years ago...... sucks getting old...

Just looked, born in ‘46, she is older than me. Looks better than me in pix-that is no accomplishment there...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Watching too much on PBS, this morning.

I used to enjoy how Smith would take a photograph of a very simple yard and house and draw in landscaping ideas. Artsy, yeah. Now, he has that eclectic approach to all sorts of subjects and it often looks impractical. I do like travel shows and nice scenery.

Then, Joe the gardener was on and touring the gardens of a professional gardening couple. Beautiful, then he says something about "simple and easy." I'm thinking, "What! You gotta know where to put that bush, how the path goes, which way to turn that stone!"

But, Joe was talking about making an outdoor chair. Okay. Dang, all square cuts ... I could probably do that ...

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've never read Anne of Green Gables. I want to now, cus I've been watching a show called Anne with an E. It was slow going the first few episodes and now I'm loving it. It was only one for three years.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The CDC says that Coronavirus deaths in the US are now over 50,000. LINK

They have last year's flu season deaths at 34,000. LINK

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This afternoon, The Tri-City Herald is reporting (link):

"The issue also has affected the test results at Tyson Fresh Meats, where 1,400 workers are being tested. Most of the testing done on Friday, April 24. Four more cases in Tyson workers were reported on Thursday, bringing the total to 134, all but 10 in workers who live in Benton or Franklin counties."

Tri-Cities is in southern Washington State and about 250 miles from here. There are over 900 cases there in total with 40 people in the hospital currently with the Coronavirus, the Herald say. Tri-Cities has a combined population of 181,000. Okay, let's compare the populations to Spokane County Washington where there are 471,000 residents, with the health district reporting just over 350 cases and 10 people now in the hospital suffering from the Coronavirus.

Can one help but wonder if the numbers don't just show that more tests are being done, especially on Tyson workers because of recent news across the US? .... 134 positive cases in a population of 1400 compared to 350 cases out of 471,000 ....

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ipsedixitism’ is the dogmatic assertion that something is true because someone said it.

There is no need to offer supporting evidence.

(From the Latin for ‘he said it.')

digitS'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I want to share, in my discombobulated way, a source for information from epidemiologists.

There is a lot of mudslinging out there as we try to adjust to the present moment. Expecting everyone to turn to "trusted news services" sure isn't possible.

I turned to an expert. An expert on physics. What!? What would he know? Well, not much about pandemics. Okay. But, what would he read for enlightenment on the subject? Allow me to just imagine that it would be a more reasonable source than many others.

There is one source above with the Stat journal. Here is another:

Steve

Latest posts