Discombobulated

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
“The name's Francis, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.”

Sergeant Hulka : “Lighten up, Francis.”
Stripes, the motion picture​

He He Ho HO Haw

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
“The name's Francis, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.”

Sergeant Hulka : “Lighten up, Francis.”
Stripes, the motion picture​

He He Ho HO Haw

Once.......

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
“The evolution of the brain not only overshot the needs of prehistoric man, it is the only example of evolution providing a species with an organ which it does not know how to use.” ~ Arthur Koestler

we're trying, at least we sorta know what happened to the dinosaurs...

how many million years were they around for? longer than the cockroach or ants or bees? i can't really remember. :) :) :)

we're only around here for a few hundred thousand years, so far, give or take a few million depending upon who you talk to...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least ..

. Hulka made it back to the states, retires and ..

. greets Winger on the tarmac with a salute.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Disappointing week, past. How many March weeks have we now had? 2020

The rain "suggested," was a " washout." Oh, there is a poor choice of words. Tuesday's rain was cancelled. Saturday's rain was several drops on the pickup in the driveway - just enough to leave some marks in the ash from the wildfires.

Wild, since they have repeatedly burned into residential areas, does that make them more wild or more domestic?

The new US Forest Service chief said early that some fires should just burn themselves out. Sure. Maybe it it doesn't require evacuating a town of 17,000 people, allowing them to camp in their cars on asphalt parking lots in 100° temperatures because there are fires along all highways leading out of the county. Helicopter out? Sure.

"In April U.S. Forest Service chief Vicki Christiansen ordered a new strategy for fighting wildfires in response to the spread of the novel coronavirus. That strategy included a renewed focus on using local firefighting crews and a strategy of rapid containment ... " UPI

🥴 Works just super ... except that the USFS and the locals are trying to contain fires in weather of record heat and drought while containing a virus outbreak that has killed 200,000 and sickened millions. An entire management team was pulled off one fire recently because one of them was sick and the others require weeks in quarantine. While fires spread by the minute ... Acres of every kind of environment by the tens of thousands ...

We read that Congress was unwilling to act during the Dust Bowl of the Great Depression until dust clouds blew into Washington DC. The city recently had clouds of smoke from western fires blow in ... But, they weren't around for long before the remains of a Gulf Coast hurricane showed up to carry them out into the Atlantic -- fortunately for leadership.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It will take $900 billion in annual spending cuts or tax increases for 25 years to restore the nation’s debt to pre-COVID-19 levels.

Congressional Budget Office

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Disappointing week, past. How many March weeks have we now had? 2020

The rain "suggested," was a " washout." Oh, there is a poor choice of words. Tuesday's rain was cancelled. Saturday's rain was several drops on the pickup in the driveway - just enough to leave some marks in the ash from the wildfires.

Wild, since they have repeatedly burned into residential areas, does that make them more wild or more domestic?

The new US Forest Service chief said early that some fires should just burn themselves out. Sure. Maybe it it doesn't require evacuating a town of 17,000 people, allowing them to camp in their cars on asphalt parking lots in 100° temperatures because there are fires along all highways leading out of the county. Helicopter out? Sure.

"In April U.S. Forest Service chief Vicki Christiansen ordered a new strategy for fighting wildfires in response to the spread of the novel coronavirus. That strategy included a renewed focus on using local firefighting crews and a strategy of rapid containment ... " UPI

🥴 Works just super ... except that the USFS and the locals are trying to contain fires in weather of record heat and drought while containing a virus outbreak that has killed 200,000 and sickened millions. An entire management team was pulled off one fire recently because one of them was sick and the others require weeks in quarantine. While fires spread by the minute ... Acres of every kind of environment by the tens of thousands ...

We read that Congress was unwilling to act during the Dust Bowl of the Great Depression until dust clouds blew into Washington DC. The city recently had clouds of smoke from western fires blow in ... But, they weren't around for long before the remains of a Gulf Coast hurricane showed up to carry them out into the Atlantic -- fortunately for leadership.

Steve

Last week just took it out of me. The promise of rain and nothing but a few drops and the smoke. I thought my green beans would be dead and they survived several days of no watering. I was not going to go out there in that smoke. When I finally went out and found green beans I felt guilty, and hurried and watered. Yesterday and today lots of nice rain. I am cold in the house and cleaned the woodstove out and feels like I blinked and it is March 2020.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything here is so clear, you can see it
And everything here is so real, you can feel it
And it's real, so real, so real, so real, so real, so real
Can you dig it?

Grazin' in the grass is a yes, baby, can you dig it?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well

It looks like I posted that about an hour before the president announced that he and his wife tested positive to the Coronavirus.

At the moment, that isn't one of the things that is so clear to me.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
CDC adding up the Excess Deaths from All Causes for 2020 LINK
Screenshot_2020-10-02-05-54-48_kindlephoto-19658432.png

Perhaps, I will just continue posting this CDC graph as information comes in. ALL causes for American deaths - no need to rely on tests or medical doctor's statements for a person dying in an ICU or at home for this overview.

A local doctor says that she is tired of trying to explain to some citizens who anticipate that it "all goes away" after another month.

digitS'

Latest posts