Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It would be interesting to read what you've dreamt about. Have you worked out what may have triggered any of your dreams?

they've just seemed to always be random dreams, nothing specific to events or even my own history. i rarely dream of people i know or situations i've been through. just normal dreams that happen to get into the right zone between being fully under and awake. as long as i don't get too logical or frustrated i can stay there for a while subjectively but i don't know how long that is in real terms of time.

i have had some really interesting dreams though. in one of them i kept waking up and waking up and waking up. i think i was four times before i finally got so frustrated that i did wake up. :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used to have these peculiar sort of dreams where I would be semi awake almost the same as you described, I would remember a few out of so many but for some reason remembering the rare dream I have doesn't happen anymore.

Except for about two weeks ago, this was about someone I once had the misfortune of knowing, that dream made me wake up and I was not going too risk letting that person have even a moment longer of my head, so I just got up and on with my chores 😾

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@flowerbug
I've just looked up your gass problem which I think you will probably already know. It could be trapped air or certain bacteria found in various foods that hasn't broken down properly.
The latter would make me want to reach for the charcoal yet again, but on reading up, lemon or cloves was suggested, both taken with water. I know that cloves help in fighting bacteria :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dreams this week have been about my Mom and Dad. I suspect that I just miss the 2 of them.

The first, I went into a barbershop for a haircut. The barber said, "how about if we go have lunch?" I don't remember the lunch, just walking between old brick buildings. Then it was Dad I was with and we went into a car dealership and sat down. Everything felt very comfortable and relaxed.

Yesterday morning, I was with Mom and she was going back to school at a university where I was once a student. I was trying to make sure that her living arrangements there would be comfortable for her.

Isn't that the funniest thing? I was back on campus a couple of years ago walking around and thinking about how much/how little things have changed after decades had passed. Here is my mother enrolling for classes.

:) Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DS had a C-19 vaccination on Friday.

He is a government worker and Friday afternoon has been his time to play receptionist at the front desk.

On the 2nd floor of the building is a dental office and the Health Department people were in to give shots. They came downstairs and said that they had 1 remaining shot and did not want to return it to their office. They told DS and his boss that it was available for whomever meets regularly with the public in his office. His boss pushed him forward and said, "Today's your Lucky Day."

I felt like kidding him that his boss wasn't there at all and instead DS would not allow the HD worker to meet with anyone else. I didn't tell him that ... knew that he had tried to contact his insurance company earlier and was on hold for over an hour before giving up - his question about when/where he could have the vaccine unanswered.

DS said that the state had just begun shots for the general public and because of the shortage, has now upped the qualification to those over 80 years old. Shucks. I checked the stats and that would mean only 3% of the general population would qualify! Since group homes were in the top of the state's vaccine efforts, it must be a smaller percentage than that since so many 80+ are in assisted living and, qualify by that circumstance.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true." ~ Hannah Arendt

A statue of Ms Arendt, a refugee from Nazi Germany, will be included in a National Garden - by executive order (January 18, 2021).

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
all i can say now is that i'm very glad that the state has held it's course and knocked this virus back quite a bit from where it was. in recent days the rate of new infections found has gotten back to where it was in mid-October, which if we can keep this kind of pressure on for a few more weeks will knock it back even further.

which might be just what is needed to keep the new variants from taking off too badly.

we'll see.

still hoping for expanded vaccine access here soon and not what some have said might be the end of summer.

again, we'll see...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Locally, the major impediment to increased inoculations seems to be the documentation required, or some other bureaucratic issue. Vaccine delivery to the states may be slow, but getting the vaccines into people's arms is even slower. Pretty sad when a given site can only do about 100 shots a day. Some states reportedly are getting the vaccine out faster, mine doesn't seem to be one of them.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Locally, the major impediment to increased inoculations seems to be the documentation required, or some other bureaucratic issue. Vaccine delivery to the states may be slow, but getting the vaccines into people's arms is even slower. Pretty sad when a given site can only do about 100 shots a day. Some states reportedly are getting the vaccine out faster, mine doesn't seem to be one of them.

nearly half a million people have gotten at least their first dose of the vaccine by now, but i can't find the number yet for the second dose, but i'm pretty sure it is going to be quite a few since i heard that someone i know got their second dose. we'll see how the next few weeks go.

for a total population of 10 million that's a good start.