Does anyone have a recipe for zucchini?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cut in 1/2 length wise and scoop out seeds. Fill the zucchini boats with what ever you would stuff green peppers and bake. Cut thick slices and brush with olive oil and toss on the grill. OR our FAVORITE, Chocolate zucchini bread. YUM. Somewhere I have a recipe for the candy canesisters mentioned. (One that Sweet Miss Daisy posted.) Our vines died before we actually got tired of it this year. ;)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found this on from a 2010 post from Hangin'withthe peeps

Zucchini Candy
3 or 4 Large Overgrown zucchini's
2 packs of cherry Kool Aid (or no-name brand) or what ever flavor you like
3 cups of water
2 cups of sugar
You need to peel the zucchini's and remove the seeds and seed membrane. Cut into strips/chunks, you want to make them uniform so they cook and dry evenly, but not perfection I cut 1 inch cubes and 1 x 3 inch strips.
Put water, kool aid, and sugar into boiler. I added 1 tsp of Citric Acid. When the sugar melts and it start to heat up slowly add the zucchini cubes. You need to stir the mixture and softly boil them for about 25 to 30 minutes until they are tender and fully colored with the kool aid. I ladle them out onto a cookie sheet trying not to take any of the liquid with me as I go. There should be liquid left over, I then cut another zucchini and make more, trying to use up all the kool aid mixture I can. Then I put them on the dehydrator trays and dry them. It took me almost 24 hours to dry them, but we have a humid climate here. The recipe says 14 hours and flipping them half way. I flipped some of mine, I didn't find it made a difference. After they reach a gummy texture I took them out and put them in a zip bad with a teaspoon of sugar and shook them to coat just a little. Absolutely delicious, next time I'm going to put the citric acid with the sugar shake for some tart taste.
I originally had 6 large zucchini's and processed all of them with one "brine" on Sunday. It's Friday and they're all gone..........
Hope this was clear as mud, lol.
Melissa @hangin'witthepeeps

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here it is, enjoy :drool

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

3 C. all-purpose flour
C. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. ground cinnamon (I use a little less)
1 t. baking soda
t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 C. white sugar
3 eggs
1 C. Vegetable oil
2 t. vanilla
2 C. shredded zucchini
1 C. chopped walnuts
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Lightly grease two 9X5 loaf pans

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and eggs, beat until well blended. Add oil and vanilla, mix well. Stir in zucchini. Add flour mixture, stir until just moistened. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Spoon into loaf pans.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, Remove from pans, cool completely on wire rack.

elliemaebell

Sprout
Reaction score
I love fried/baked zucc with some liquid aminos and nutritional yeast. So yum.

Also, since there are SO many, I let my kids dig into them like they're carving a pumpkin (with blunt tools, they are still little). Keeps them busy for a long time :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love fried/baked zucc with some liquid aminos and nutritional yeast. So yum.

Also, since there are SO many, I let my kids dig into them like they're carving a pumpkin (with blunt tools, they are still little). Keeps them busy for a long time :)
I LOVE that idea! Talk about fun with the grand kids! Carving zucchini !!! I would not have thought of that!! Try zucchini baseball!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I just went looking for a Zucchini Bread recipe and re-found yours. I have it in the oven now.....I'll let you know how it tastes. If it's half as good as the batter, it will be super delicious!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beware, it is DANGEROUS.... (Habit forming if you like chocolate.)

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eating a hot piece of it now......WHO lets it "cool in the pan for 10 minutes???"

DH got TWO pieces!

Latest posts