Does anyone have a recipe for zucchini?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I have to tell you a funny. One of our neighbors broke her arm and has had to stop doing everything in order to heal. She has other health issues and she sure didn't need this. She is highly opinionated, feisty, will give out a scathing tongue lashing-free of charge and we love her dearly. We took her a loaf of the zucchini bread. For the cocoa, I used half regular cocoa and half special dark cocoa. The loaf was nearly black, it was so dark. We dropped the loaf off and went to Tractor Supply.

On our way home, Miss Ruth called, "I just want to tell you that I never eat anything black or anything that dark. The only thing I have that's black is my husband, but I loved that zucchini bread! That was so good, I loved it!" She went on and on about how black that zucchini bread was and we were laughing like a couple of hyenas, she was so funny. She is quite the character and doesn't mind one bit giving you the what-for if she thinks you deserve it. Just wanted to let you know that your recipe is a hit.
I am so happy you all like it. :) I got the recipe from a book keeper I worked with many years ago. Virginia was quite the character, too!

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's the best zucchini recipe I've ever seen.
Thin slice your zucchini, place in alum foil w/brown sugar, cinnamon and a touch of salt.
Seal up the foil into a pouch.
Heat in coals produced from Bison dung.
Cook for 1 hr.
Remove from coals, open foil, through away zucchini.
Eat the foil...
I hate ZUCCHINI!!!!!

THANX RICH

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thin slice your zucchini, place in alum foil w/brown sugar, cinnamon and a touch of salt.
Cook for 1 hr.
Eat the foil...
I hate ZUCCHINI!!!!!

THANX RICH
Busted out laughing, I have tears rolling down my face! You are so funny, I liked having a good laugh with my morning coffee! :lol:

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cook for 1 hr.
Eat the foil...
I hate ZUCCHINI!!!!!

THANX RICH
Rich, Upscale yuppy uppity chefs want to know... does this recipe work right if it is cooked in coals made from Bull Sh!t or does it have to be cooked in coals produced from Bison dung ? :caf

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rich, Upscale yuppy uppity chefs want to know... does this recipe work right if it is cooked in coals made from Bull Sh!t or does it have to be cooked in coals produced from Bison dung ? :caf

i MUST be Bison, there's way too much B/S and it would be piled on soooo heavy you couldn't keep it lit.

THANX RICH

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Zucchini can be used in any recipe for summer squash.

Shred frozen thawed or fresh in muffins is probably my family's favorite way.

Seeded, sliced and prepared like apple pie but cheaper than apples.

Pickles when your cucumbers fail.

I like to can slices for frying but it is not an approved recipe. Taste like fresh out of the garden.

I like to grill small zucchini and yellow summer squash whole.

I put shredded/grated in meatloaf, sauces, soups, etc.

The family really enjoys stuffed, baked squash.

I like to oven roast chunks of squash. A whole squash isn't even close to a hundred calories, so eat all you want.

My kids like to dip raw spears into ranch dressing for a snack. I also like to put thin raw slices into salads or chop for a chopped salad.

Put slices into plain yogurt or sour cream with slice red onions and dill weed. Another family favorite. This is good with cucumbers too.

Dehydrated is a good way to preserve excess.

Sliced and soaked in pickle juice overnight.

Latest posts