Does anyone have a recipe for zucchini?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nah, I had so many yellow squash last year that I shredded and packed them in 2 cup baggies in the freezer. Great for imitation zucchini bread and squash fritters!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule Was the chocolate Zucchini bread as good as I said it was? I miss my Chocolate. But so worth passing up to shed some more weight. ;)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nah, I had so many yellow squash last year that I shredded and packed them in 2 cup baggies in the freezer. Great for imitation zucchini bread and squash fritters!
I tried freezing zucchini once. It came out horrible. Nothing but water.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've been loving zucchini sauted with onion and garlic, then tossed with parmesean cheese and Lawrey's seasoning salt. Just don't over cook it.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried freezing zucchini once. It came out horrible. Nothing but water.

Mary
Yep, frozen zucchini gets watery as it defrosts. It works fine to shred and freeze for breads. Not to put in casseroles or to fry like you would fresh. I take the frozen bags and let them mostly defrost and then drain excess water before adding to recipe.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I have to tell you a funny. One of our neighbors broke her arm and has had to stop doing everything in order to heal. She has other health issues and she sure didn't need this. She is highly opinionated, feisty, will give out a scathing tongue lashing-free of charge and we love her dearly. We took her a loaf of the zucchini bread. For the cocoa, I used half regular cocoa and half special dark cocoa. The loaf was nearly black, it was so dark. We dropped the loaf off and went to Tractor Supply.

On our way home, Miss Ruth called, "I just want to tell you that I never eat anything black or anything that dark. The only thing I have that's black is my husband, but I loved that zucchini bread! That was so good, I loved it!" She went on and on about how black that zucchini bread was and we were laughing like a couple of hyenas, she was so funny. She is quite the character and doesn't mind one bit giving you the what-for if she thinks you deserve it. Just wanted to let you know that your recipe is a hit.

Latest posts