Dreams and their Meaning

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’ve always had weird dreams. I’ve also had lucid dreams as far back as I can remember unlike most people I can’t wake myself up from them. Sometimes my dreams are completely nonsensical other times I’ll dream my way through everything I have to do the next day (the problem is I get the dream and life mixed up when this happens and never quite know if I actually did what I was supposed to in real life or only dreamed it). Sometimes my dreams have a pretty clear plot and details like a book. Characters, setting, weather, plot. I also usually end up having multiple dreams that on the same plot until the story ends.
I also sleepwalk on occasion. I never did as a kid but I started as a young adult. Luckily, I’ve never left the bedroom and I always go back to bed. I’ve thrown pillows on top of te wardrobe, folded the blankets and stuffed them under the bed and once threw my phone that was sitting beside the bed. I also never remember my dreams the nights I sleep walk.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, I finally remembered a dream long enough to make it to the lazyboy and pick up this tablet.

What prompted the dream was probably me visiting the bathroom in the middle of the night, common behavior. New behavior is that I am very careful washing my hands. Rinsing any trace of soap that may have reached my wrists, specifically.

Ya see, I am prone to skin rashes and a common location is my wrists. Recently, I have wondered if leaving hand soap on the wrist may be the cause. Last night, I silently asked myself if I'm becoming obsessed with how the soap is rinsed off when, all but certainly, none as reached my wrists. Yeah, probably.

It's like that guy from Schitt's Creek on the credit card commercial who complains to the sky about how difficult it is to have to fill his motorcycle's gas tank while he is on a road trip. So I go back to bed, fall asleep and dream about being with that Dan guy 🙄.

We have arrived at a park in his car. Off we go for a walk under the trees and Dan begins to complain about itchy spots on his head. I say, okay, I'll look. He is suddenly wrapped in a white sheet and, complaining, throws himself on the ground! I say, "what are you doing? It was just your scalp that was itching!"

He is complaining, rolling about. I don't want to have anything to do with him and, wanting to distance myself from the nonsense, just walk away.

Later, I'm feeling guilty for having abandoned Dan. I return to find that these two young women have beaten him! His clothes are on and he is out of the sheet but lying on the ground. One woman stands up holding his car keys. I reach over her shoulder and pull the keys out of her hand ... and ... wake up!

That's it. That's the dream.

Steve

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
SC is a funny series, Mom got into that a few months ago and we laughed quite a bit (i don't often watch whatever she is watching but i hear it). it was great to have a series that didn't have a constant F-word barrage going through it.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had a little sleep with my dog this afternoon as I was so cold and tired running in and out of the rain from this morning.

I was speaking to someone on the phone about giving them an old record player radio I once owned years ago.

So I went outside to the shed, ( I don't have)
and came across a man I used to know (I've never seen him him in my life before)

He asked me to walk with him as he now lived near where I lived, ( lord knows where that is).

I was with my dog and he took us too his home, we sat down and he told me of the people we had both known had now passed away. We both felt sad and just sat together and held hands. Then my dig dog sneezed because I wasn't holding this man's hand my hand around my dog's snout :ep

Why am I dreaming all of a sudden :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is a stressful time.

I wake with dreaming nearly 100%. That has to do with physical stress. Lying in one position for 45 minutes is fine. Lying in that position for twice that long is not even likely for me. Turning is a trigger to wake up, for sure. So, in the final minutes of discomfort, I dream.

Maybe it's a wonder that I don't dream of torture or great physical exertion - but, I don't. The dreams can be convoluted affairs, perhaps because I'm being "dragged" out of sleep.

I can understand those who need help turning over in bed. I insist that if we have flannel sheets that they are not used as a bottom sheet. Turning on such a surface is too much of a struggle.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can understand those who need help turning over in bed. I insist that if we have flannel sheets that they are not used as a bottom sheet. Turning on such a surface is too much of a struggle.

silk sheets and silk jammies and you'll end up on the floor. :)

i rarely dream of people that i know.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
silk sheets and silk jammies and you'll end up on the floor. :)

i rarely dream of people that i know.
That last dream I knew him only in the dream, I've never seen him my lifetime. But as for the shed I don't own one the old record player and radio that I once owned

From the little I recall of dreams that I have had if people are in them it's usually people I once knew and no longer see, have died or know in my life today.

Our brains are very strange indeed :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is a sort of another weird dream.

I woke up at 4am too a light beam shining on my aircon. I opened my eyes and could see it. That's never happened before, nothing else just that.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i just woke up and the dream was that i had a sandwich at a diner and opened my wallet to pay and i only had a single dollar bill all rolled up in there and no credit card or other way to pay. of course being frustrated and embarrassed i woke up. Mom said if i didn't go back to sleep i didn't have to pay. i still feel bad.

i do know what the dream is about and why for a change. :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Another peculiar one.

I'm writing this because I dreamt of this same place twice. It must be some place I've seen on YouTube or something but just cannot remember.

I'm walking through a market place and chatting to various seller's people as I pass them buy. What's odd is it one if those reoccurring dreams.

Maybe it's because I once wanted too work in a market , selling my cakes. :)

Latest posts