Dreams and their Meaning

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
this morning i woke up from a dream and remembered quite a bit of it. the most amusing parts were (and i blame this on @Dirtmechanic and Penny) a miniature bulldog like animal rooting through the cushions of a couch going after some kind of mouse or mole. the other funny part was a turquoise plastic or ceramic planter on top of a railroad caboose (that we were all going to be riding away in) which had very little room for actual planting in it so it was more like someone was trying to apply white clay icing and not doing a great job of it and i mentioned that this wasn't going to work very well but it didn't matter. i don't even know what they were going to be planting onto it. it was just so wrong. there was also a bit about me running back inside and saying goodbye to my Dad who was laying on the couch and he said i had to watch some t.v. series which i had no intention at all of ever watching. these were only just bits of the dream which went on for quite a long time. when i woke up i was exhausted.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Strange dream:

I was involved in an experiment on garden clothing stains. Two plants were used: tomatoes and squash. I guess that I was kneeling on the vines and various washing solutions were to be tried for removing the resulting stains.

The song lyrics of Hall and Oats, "Rich Girl," were going through my mind as I woke up :hu .

Steve

🎶 You're a rich girl, and you've gone too far
'Cause you know it don't matter anyway
You can rely on the old man's money
You can rely on the old man's money
It's a bitch girl but it's gone too far
'Cause you know it don't matter anyway
Say money, but it won't get you too far
Get you too far

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had a mildly interesting dream last night. The subject matter wasn’t very interesting probably to anyone but me. (Used book browsing) but what was interesting was the vividness. In the dream I have found old copies of the Dune series,which I’d never read, and I was inspecting them. I could smell the them. The books had weight in my hands and I could hear the pages crinkle as I turned them. I could feel how delicate the paper was how it was a bit wavy from humidity and the dust on the pages. I could see letters and words in clear focus (but not read the book which is how I realized it was a dream) I also remember that the publishing date on the edition was 1977. I guess I’m just shocked by how realistic the dream was.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had a mildly interesting dream last night. The subject matter wasn’t very interesting probably to anyone but me. (Used book browsing) but what was interesting was the vividness. In the dream I have found old copies of the Dune series,which I’d never read, and I was inspecting them. I could smell the them. The books had weight in my hands and I could hear the pages crinkle as I turned them. I could feel how delicate the paper was how it was a bit wavy from humidity and the dust on the pages. I could see letters and words in clear focus (but not read the book which is how I realized it was a dream) I also remember that the publishing date on the edition was 1977. I guess I’m just shocked by how realistic the dream was.

it is amazing to me that Dune came out sometime around when i was hatched, but it is still a good story and i read it about once a year.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh dear, feeling my age here.

I met Frank Herbert at a book signing in Los Angeles, at A Change of Hobbit bookstore. I think it was for Children of Dune. He had a Hobbit-themed pipe, and a couple of teen girls hanging all over him. It was a tiny store at that time (basically a large table in the center of a small room, with a narrow walkway around it and book-lined walls). Aside from those three and the clerk, it was just me and my father in the store. We weren't there for the book signing, we were just shopping. I enjoyed Dune very much, so-so to meh on Dune Messiah, and didn't bother to finish Children of Dune. (my father was a big science fiction fan, whereas I was more sci-fi/fantasy)

Cool dream though! It's so interesting when they feel SO real, even down to the smells.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had a rather strange dream last week that meant nothing at all too me but I remember because I kept wondering why I had dreamt it.

For some reason I had acquired an IKEA corner suite and I was just thrilled because I once owned one similar but in a different colour this one was blue. I was really disappointed too find it was only a dream because I would have really liked that in my living room. 🤔

You can all wake up now 🙄

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snnooorre ... What?! Where! Whooo was that?

I was up at 2:45 and fell asleep in the lazyboy after coming back from the greenhouse. (It was down to 38°f[4°C] outdoors an hour or so later so I had reason for the attention in that direction. About what the WS had said.)

Not putting the foot stool up, I could hardly stand up after sleeping for about 2 hours. Ouch! Anyway, my dream was that I was at a community garden very early in the morning. We were all running sprinklers because of the danger of frost but there was a community building attached to the gardens.

A manager was there and seemed to be trying to make us feel welcome :). I thought, "isn't this nice - to be indoors and not sitting in a car out in the dark." The manager asked me to say something and as I leaned forward, the guy beside me said, "think how it would be if Dave Wa ... was here!" I replied, "I bet that he would be fun," picturing Dave in my mind.

I'm thinking "Dave Wa... Warner ... Walker? Who do I know with a name like that?" And, I woke up :).

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
So now that this thread has been revived...

Last month, I had a dream so intense that I struggled trying to write it down... and recalling it disturbs me even now. I dreamed I was on a ship, and we were responding to a distress call in heavy seas. It was a heavy storm, and when we arrived at the location, the ship had already sunk. We circled looking for survivors, and pulled a young woman from the sea. As soon as we had her aboard, she started screaming "MY HUSBAND!!! MY BABY!!!" with the anguish only those who have lost a loved one know. I felt that anguish as my own, to the point where I awoke sobbing uncontrollably. The noise woke up poor DW; I couldn't even speak at first, and she was in anguish too, wondering what was so terribly wrong with me. That was another night where my heart was pounding so hard that going back to sleep was impossible, so I just got up & read for awhile.
A follow up to that dream, my apologies if this is not as light-hearted as I wish it was.

Given the great emotional intensity of that late January dream, I spent a lot of time back then searching for a possible meaning, and felt comforted when I couldn't find one. I realized a couple days ago that the dream was indeed prophetic... it occurred just when DW began showing the first symptoms, which were not yet being properly diagnosed. It was a warning. The woman in distress was my DW, and the shared grief I experienced in that dream felt like my own, because it was. :( I firmly believe that sometimes dreams do have meaning, that they can be important messages which are unfortunately obscured by symbolism.

Latest posts