Ducks 4 in '24

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Welllll...lawn sweeper still in the back of the truck, which I put in the garage. We had a Massive storm blow through last night. 2 hrs south of us a semi was rolled over by said storm.
Ponies went out on the north pasture this week. All seems good, no grass founder. All 3 have been reaching over the fence to graze for a fujll month. HOPEFULLY, the "inner sanctum" will be deburred by the end of the weekend and I can open that up to them. The grass There is so high it has seeds. I only have a few weeks to give them there bc I have 3 apple trees full of flowers and I don't want to lose any fruit. They Will eat small apples!
After that, when I get my sweeper up and running, I can mow it and sweep it and feed it.
I got the best sleep last night in a LOOOOOONNNNGGGEEE time! Weird dreams...the LR had turned into an inch of water with wind whipping it up, people visiting me and I couldn't keep my eyes open.
ALL.GOOD!! I haven't had a lot of dreams lately. and dreams mean good sleep.
Let's hope I can actually plant today! :lol:

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
mail

Did you dip your wings in azure dye,
When April began to paint the sky?
–Susan Hartley Swett (1843-1907)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
NO TIME to garden, BUT I did transplant my 3 grape smelling irises and my 3 lillies this morning.
Then, church, Then DH wanted to eat lunch in town, then Village business...
day got away from me. :confused:
I took a little time this evening to empty a gallon of Warm water over the bulbs. It's not going to rain again until tomorrow night, the soil was dry, and we are going to get a possible frost tonight. Gave them a little TLC.

Last edited:

Latest posts