Ducks4you for 2022

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am at DD's place, house sitting bc their electrician is gutting and refitting ALL of the wiring...$22K, BUT with materials going up, it would be Higher this summer.
I left my car right before Sirius Symphony Hall was to play Ravel's "Bolero." Here is an interesting recording:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
So...don't really have an alarm clock. My clock radio, that I bought bc it charges my phone fast, is imPOSSIBLE to set an alarm OR un-set an alarm, so I'm not using it. THEREFORE, whenever I need to get up early, I keep waking up during the night.
So it is today. I already took a nap on DD's bed, while my computer spent a good HOUR upgrading to Windows11.
Windows11 upgrade 03-20-22, #1.jpgWindows11 upgrade 03-20-22, #2.jpgWindows11 upgrade 03-20-22, #3.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
I DID garden yesterday. I will be pruning my fruit trees this weekend, but my firepit wood are needed cleaning up and I didn't want to saw down anything long. I also had My "burn barrel" and DD's burn barrel, which are the plastic trash cans where we store burnables for burning, instead of feeding them to a landfill, filled up, along with a stash of cardboard boxes from DD's recent clean up. Here is how it went:
Burn pile mess, 03-09-22.jpg
This was larger when I started, but I need to create room for new cuttings.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am at DD's again, and will be for the next 2 weeks. I was not looking forward to pushing the wheelbarrow through the dryer ruts OR the mud, depending on our weather. Then, the HS kid across the st texted me about any jobs available. He has a very good work ethic and agreed to spot clean my stalls for the next 2 weeks.
DH is Very happy to pay for it.
We will have about 2-3 inches of snow by the time it stops about mid morning. Main drag north of town wasn't plowed/salted yet, But I passed a plow almost into (DD's) town going south, so, there is hope. Anymore, the county waits until the sun removes the snow in our neck of the woods.

Latest posts