Ducks4you for 2022

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gorgeous photos @ducks4you ! Wonderfully healthy plants; if you planted those basil seeds in ground and got that stand of basil, I'm impressed..... and jealous! lol Basil can be such a tricky herb to grow from seed, even with transplants.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
THX! I think it was the constant watering.
STILL, I was successful harvesting the seeds, which is what I plan to do from This year's basil.
Not really sure how I Use the Cinnamon Basil...but I'll let you know! :hugs

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD decided that we should dehydrate the basil, and the thyme and the rosemary and the sage. I will try to take some photos of Their beautiful ceramic pots full of good stuff in the front.
I really LOVE big ceramic pots. IF we have a $surplus this Fall, when they go clearance, I FULLY intend to buy some more...for ME!
I also want this t shirt:
I fully intend to haunt t shirt.jpg

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Took a shot of my sweet corn just about ready to harvest. I burned in my firepit the leftover dried out 3 ft high burdock that I cut last weekend.
When I got my hay in 2021 I was left 4 of these 12 ft long baling twine strings. THIS year he left me over 30, so I finished coiling/tying them up and got them stored in my garden shed in 2 buckets. Probably will move them, BUT;
1) All together and each one is ready to use
2) No truck, tractor or mower will get baling twine caught in the blades or axles
I will be thanking my past self...in the future.:cool:
Btw, my old trash can/"burn barrell", bc I burn my paper and need one, is now storing both of my heated hoses And their extension cords, And their cord covers.

Attachments

• Corn, last week in June, 2022, #2.jpg
    Corn, last week in June, 2022, #2.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Baling Twine coiled up from hay, June, 2022 (1).jpg
    Baling Twine coiled up from hay, June, 2022 (1).jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Baling Twine coiled up from hay, June, 2022 (2).jpg
    Baling Twine coiled up from hay, June, 2022 (2).jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Sweet Corn 06-30-22.jpg
    Sweet Corn 06-30-22.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 65

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got tired of unlocking the garage freezer every time I need a 2 pound package of hamburger, so today I took out 5, one for dinner tonight and 4 now in the basement freezer in the basket.
Been working piecemeal on cleaning up my fridge. So far, all 3 drawers are cleaned out. Probably will take 10 minutes this afternoon and clean the glass rack where we put our tea/milk bc nothing needs to be gone through and thrown away.
I need space for family's food for the 4th. Pleased that it isn't as dirty as I thought.
Kinda like my "used" car--I was also the previous owner, 2012 Avalon--where I cleaned out all of the clutter last month and I have Kept it clean, like it's a thing.;)

Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
THX! I think it was the constant watering.
STILL, I was successful harvesting the seeds, which is what I plan to do from This year's basil.
Not really sure how I Use the Cinnamon Basil...but I'll let you know! :hugs
I actually enjoy my basil a wee bit more dried than fresh. The flavour is a bit more potent, but it's probably also cause I'm using dried basil in the middle of winter and missing fresh herbs! Leave your leaves whole and don't chop them, they retain WAY more essence that way. Crumble just before using instead.

Latest posts