El nino, weird or what?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am watching the local weather and they said that the temperature today was 71 degrees and that is warmer than it was on the 4th. of July. Also on the news, a golf course reopened and was mobbed. The temperature broke a record and the record for the longest time without snow has also been broken now. Not complaining, just saying.

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yikes Major! I hope it lets up for you as predicted.

We are snowing seasonally. Pretty normal for this time of the year. Single digits coming soon, and I hope that kills a lot of the bugs that were unusually annoying last summer. I'm good with it. But it is an awful lot of snow...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, was that your yard with all the water?
I remember a flood several years ago when a creek running through the city park was way out of its banks. When the water quickly receded, my DH and I and others went there and collected stranded fish to throw back in the creek. That would have been a stinky mess if they had all been left to die.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yup....... looks much better this morning, found some interesting things while out for the girls walk.
down at the brush pile had a good laugh found a couple bok chio that i pulled over a month ago just happy as can be. and some brussel sprouts growing.
DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

even found a dandelion the only color out be the fire pit....
DSC_0016.JPG

come around the critter pile heard a noise moved some brush now i know why one of the springs really perk when it rains... its about 6" wide and 4' deep
the only thing i can think of is when the property was being tested for septic this must have been a test hole that must have washed out.
DSC_0023.JPG

the spring is sure moving along....
DSC_0031.JPG

on the way back from the garden found this surprize right where the water line crosses under the run off ditch. thinking to myself oh great what a nice x-mas present a broken water line...
so went inside told the dw was turning off the water heater and well for a bit... walked around for a while looked around the garden
came back still perking. turned everything back on. told everyone not to use any water open the door to the pressure tank under the house and listened for the pressure switch to come on, it never did... guess the water table is so high it just found a weak spot to come out.
DSC_0027.JPG

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am pretty pleased to see your yard today. I have seen so many sad and disastrous photos in the news of southern areas effected by these storms. Your yard looks so much better today then I did just a couple of days ago. It's a good thing!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am pretty pleased to see your yard today. I have seen so many sad and disastrous photos in the news of southern areas effected by these storms. Your yard looks so much better today then I did just a couple of days ago. It's a good thing!
heard about those storms early this morning, storms like that are not good anytime. our little flood is over but the yard will still be a giant mud puddle till who knows when, read the 10 day starting monday for a couple days they are calling for another inch and again sometime around the 7th.... if this unseasonable weather keeps up will have to mow and weed wack the yard to knock the weeds down, they are starting to flower..grrrr usually i am out there bundled up but today was outside in t-shirt and shorts. tomorrow will be in the 70's again... might do some weed wacking tomorrow but the mower is out of the question that will leave ruts....

wish everyone to be safe with all this strange weather thats going on everywhere...

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
anyone heard from Monty & Dew? i haven't seen them post lately but i know they had been busy with the holiday & finishing up the house & moving stuff.

Latest posts