Email Address Hacked

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary you are so smart !!! With my cell down and not able to get to my email address book I am srewed !!! Bought 2 space heaters last night fuse blew in middle of night at least thats what I hope only have power inhalf house. I feel like I was cursed The worse part is I shower before and after work last shower was monday night I feel GROSS.
It might be cold in here, but at least I have electricity! Nyboy, no power is the pits. Frozen water pipes are also a downer. For those a plumber rather than a furnace guy might be needed.

If we had smell-a-posting ya'll would be happy to know I did get the bathroom warmed up for a much needed shower and shampoo today. Yup, Nyboy, I understand GROSS! Fortunately, I don't have 'work' to attend to out of the house. Last winter I rented two apartments so my tenants could shower. I suspect I'd be doing the same for myself if I had to be out in public.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Story Alert!!!

When my husband and I were young marrieds we rented a little cabin out in the hills. The landlord, who had approached us originally about renting the place promised to have the upgrades (plumbing, indoor toilet, woodstove ) done before we were scheduled to vacate the place we were then living in. That place had a tenant chomping at the bit to get in right on our heels.

Second landlord was big flake and we moved in to a cold unplumbed little cabin in December. We used the outdoor facility for a bout 4 days while dh scrambled to get the inside toilet installed. He also got the woodstove hooked up on the second day so we had heat. It was going to be awhile before the shower could be installed, so I had two crockpots running 24/7 for washing up water. We got our water from an outside spigot, and flushing water from the pond that was about 20 feet from the back door.
We cooked on my dads old Coleman gas stove in the kitchen. Had a little excitement one day from the tank leaking or something, I just remember a huge flame and dh juggling it out the door while his eyebrows singed. :lol:

Every fall we had to haul water from town because the well that served us and our landlord petered out to almost nothing. It was only 3 gallons a minute on a good day.
But we were young and good natured about it all, we loved to camp so this was right up our alley.

Eventually everything got normalized and we lived there until we bought our old fixer upper. Then we went back to the roughing it life for several more years.

Sorry, I was just thinking about how hard it is when we are without our usual basic comforts. It always makes for a good remember-when story though.:D

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh what a mess NYboy! :hugsHopefully you won't have to fix every pipe in the house.

I've noticed that these upheavals seem to happen when the weather is doing it's worst too.
That always seems like the time when one of our vehicles needs cpr.
DH used to do all the mechanical work on the trucks, but now we just tow them over to Clydes, our neighborhood mechanic and let him fix them.

Latest posts