Exotic pets, Ollie flew the coop.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack, I am glad for you that you don't have to put up with that anymore. But I hope Ollie flys south--a long ways south. I don't think Macaws are prepared to make it through the winter. Macaws should not be pets. They are majestic birds that should remain wild.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blue and Gold Macaws are indeed beautiful birds, but what could that man have been thinking, to try to keep one in his house? And then in his front yard? I'm surprised the neighbors didn't file nuisance complaints on him. I don't think they scream all day if they are content, but apparently this bird wasn't very happy. As expensive as they are, the man probably has a reward advertised for his return. Good luck to you, Jack.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blue and Gold Macaws are indeed beautiful birds, but what could that man have been thinking, to try to keep one in his house? And then in his front yard? I'm surprised the neighbors didn't file nuisance complaints on him. I don't think they scream all day if they are content, but apparently this bird wasn't very happy. As expensive as they are, the man probably has a reward advertised for his return. Good luck to you, Jack.

They have a HUGE cage in their back yard right at the property line. The cage is large enough to accommodate a person. It is at least 8 feet long, four feet wide and five feet high. They put the bird in it left it alone with no human contact all day. These are very sociable creatures and need A LOT OF ATTENTION.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have a HUGE cage in their back yard right at the property line. The cage is large enough to accommodate a person. It is at least 8 feet long, four feet wide and five feet high. They put the bird in it left it alone with no human contact all day. These are very sociable creatures and need A LOT OF ATTENTION.

What did they do with him in the winter?

Latest posts