Exotic pets, Ollie flew the coop.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack I understand wanting to choke after a bite. The parrots are the only animal I ever had allowed to get away with biting me. Mine belonged to my brother it is the only thing keeping me from free to good home sign
So any "luck" on the bird's return?

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to want a parrot as a child, until a friend of mine showed me the scars from her bites. My neighbor used to have a parrot shoved in a cage in the backyard, and never did anything with it. She didn't mind if I came over and played though, and I had some animal behavior book that included things to do with parrots. One time I brought him a box of tissues, and showed him how to pull a tissue out. :3 Probably a good thing the cage was outside.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I lost a friend over a small parrot. :( She LOVED that bird and let it loose in the house almost all the time. She INSISTED that everyone let it land on them 'because he's so social and needs to interact with everyone'. Everytime he came near me he bit the blood out of whatever he could reach. I went home with bandaged fingers several times and just tried to avoid him. The day he landed on my head and nearly sliced through my earlobe he got swatted off onto the floor. I was told to leave and was never asked back. :(
I think they're beautiful - but I have NO desire to ever interact with another one.
Not much of a friend, I'd say.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
So any "luck" on the bird's return?
Ollie is still among the missing, thank God. The owner told people he provided for the bird in his will, so it must be dishearting to say the least after thinking that the bird loved him dearly that Ollie high-tailed it out of Dodge at the first opportunity. :th

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ollie is still among the missing, thank God. The owner told people he provided for the bird in his will, so it must be dishearting to say the least after thinking that the bird loved him dearly that Ollie high-tailed it out of Dodge at the first opportunity. :th
Great for the neighbors-sad for the poor guy.

Latest posts