Family Restaurant

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The rising sun on the way to Cologne today
12528.jpg

Being a private chef is a challenging but interesting task, which needs knowledge (on the person you serve), skill (to prepare proper and adaptive meals), and willingness (to optimize the ingredients).
12530.jpg

Minced Turkey meat, potatoes, leek, broccoli - seasoned with curry power - simple, balanced, and rich in flavor. After simmering for one hour, all ingredients are tender and perfectly integrated.
12534.jpg

Fruits with honey - both kiwi and orange are high in Vitamin C. The white color central part of kiwi is too chewy for him, so I always remove it.
12533.jpg

I also made a cold dish for part of his dinner - sliced and salted cucumber and shredded Bologna sausage, mayonnaise, plain yogurt, parsley, and some egg yolk.
12531.jpg

It's nothing fancy, but even the most common ingredients can turn into a delicacy. I hope, he will understand how much we love him when he sees the food in front of him.
12529.jpg

By the way, yesterday we got some good deals at discounter again - chicken, salmon, burger patties. :celebrate
12537.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I usually cook with what I have at hand and not "stick" to specific ingredients. "Asian" cuisine didn't mean any unbreakable rules for me.

I have two patties and some bacon today, so I made the noodle with them.
12694.jpg

I started cleaning up the flower sprouts and purple kales.
12650.jpg

Such plain noodle is quite common in northeast Asia.
12695.jpg

So that's our Asian-style noodle today. It's simple home food that can always warm you up.
12684.jpg

Today's treasure hunt is quite successful! We brought back so much good meat that is best before the following Monday. I never thought they would put the stickers so early - 10 packages of burger patties, 20 packages of minced meat, and one package of cod fillet, incredible.
12680.jpg

As our raw-fed cats and dogs also need these (80% unseasoned meat, 10% meaty bones, 5% liver, 5% other organs), I always make jokes that we (as the pack leaders) have to do the "hunting" quite often for them.

Nikko (moonlight): Mama, did you bring back enough prey today?
12687.jpg

Anyway, all items will immediately go to the freezer.
12681.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Turmeric is known to have healing properties for dementia, Alzheimers is practically unknown in India where it is used in most of their cooking. Maybe it would help your dear father in law. I take turmeric for inflammation from arthritis, it is a great pain reliever.
Thanks Bay, I plan to make some sausage rice with turmeric for him next week. We love curry so much, so it's really nice that he is willing to try new things.

Latest posts