Family Restaurant

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finally, we have curry rice again. This time I used pumpkin, carrot, beetroot, potato, and two types of bones to make the broth. For meat, there were chicken, pork, and beef.
1518.jpg

Also, a lot of scrambled eggs!
1519.jpg

The chicken skin always has a lot of fat, so I used it to make some energy blocks for the garden birds.
10609.jpg

1498.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A new month - theoretically, it's spring now.
Breakfast today: French toast, yogurt, and herb tea

10868.jpg

Gradually I realized that he loves fruits. The only reason I seldom saw him having fruit in the past might be too much trouble to prepare them.
10857.jpg

That's fine, I am good at preparing fruits - now it will be mega easy to use them, no matter to mix with yogurt, ice cream, or just simply combine them as a dessert.
10858.jpg

Lunch today, the soup is made with a lot of vegetables and chicken.
10827.jpg

A small portion of the vegetables and the further processed chicken (bone and skin are removed, then cut into much smaller pieces) were added back after the soup is done by a mixer.
10870.jpg

Besides, I made a simple egg salat with boiled eggs, fresh parsley, ham, and cucumbers (slighted salted for reducing water).
10869.jpg

Mixed fruit as the dessert
10871.jpg

It's an amazing experience to be a private chef for someone you care.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Busy day with translation work - but working more than 1 hour in front of the monitor is too tiresome for the eyes, so meal preparation, cooking, gardening became ideal activities in between.

Breakfast for my FIL
11128.jpg

Lunch
11126.jpg

Lunch boxes for DH and DD (do these mean dear husband and dear daughter? I learned from the articles here)
11124.jpg

Time to further clean the small front yard - I already have an idea to make this small area prettier, but cleaning is still the first step.
11055.jpg

The tree Rhododendron belongs to our neighbor and is seldom pruned. There are a lot of dead or weak branches. I only made a rough running on those in our front yard.
11056.jpg

I had no idea why the wooden border was gone but ordered something online already.
11058.jpg

It looks much tidier now.
11059.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In the past, my FIL seldom ate fresh fruits. He preferred Compote and sometimes ate canned peaches as lunch. He also loves marmalade, or I should say, he loves fruits processed with sugar.

Now I always have fresh fruits like orange, berries, grapes, kiwi, and melon in the kitchen and assemble them as supplements. For example, those giant strawberries from the Netherlands are available from the beginning of March. Generally, they can't compete with those varieties that would be harvested in summer. However, serving with condensed milk still brings some joyful taste after the long and dull winter.

This is the fruit plate served with lunch today.
11753.jpg

I soaked the orange peels with water, "cooked" them with the microwave and then used the steam to clean the microwave. After that, those peels went to the compost pile, no waste.
11754.jpg

I tried to provide sweets with a bit of limitation, instead of all-you-can-eat. Between breakfast and lunch, he has a daily cookie plate with herb tea. There will also be desserts like pudding, Berliner (German doughnut), or a piece of cake in the late afternoon or evening.
11756.jpg

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Phaedra Geiermann , it is such a joy to see how lovingly you create these meals for your father in-law. They not only nourish his body, but also his soul. The improvements you've made to his environment and to his diet are a true inspiration. Sharing the photos here is spreading that same goodness like ripples spreading across the surface of still water. Thank you; it is much appreciated.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Phaedra Geiermann , it is such a joy to see how lovingly you create these meals for your father in-law. They not only nourish his body, but also his soul. The improvements you've made to his environment and to his diet are a true inspiration. Sharing the photos here is spreading that same goodness like ripples spreading across the surface of still water. Thank you; it is much appreciated.
Well said! I think we all appreciate the loving care she showers on her father in law.

Latest posts