Family Restaurant

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Have you ever made candied orange peels? Just simmer until tender, let cool, clean the white stuff off and simmer again in sugar water. Cut in strips, dredge in sugar and dry on wax paper.
I usually make candied orange slices and then cover them with dark chocolate. Every year I make one or two batches shortly before Christmas and gift them to my close friends. :D

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
At this moment, my husband assists his dad to wash his hair and bath. However, my FIL hates washing his hair. I could understand - he is 87 years old and it's almost torture to bend in front of the bathtub for washing hair.

So, I ordered these two items earlier, and the combination works perfectly good!
11963.jpg

Now he can enjoy, and my husband feels better, too. It is no longer like a battlefield.
11930.jpg

Meanwhile, I was preparing a quite typical German salad from scratch. It's called "Fleisch Salat" - the packaged products sold in the supermarkets are usually made with a kind of ham and mayonnaise. I never like the flavor of that. A homemade version can be always creative and much much more delicious.

I used ham, boiled eggs, herbs from the garden, a small purple onion, and some apple slices.
11935.jpg

I mixed plain yogurt and mayonnaise, so the overall flavor is creamy but much lighter.
11936.jpg

It's a dish for spring - easy to prepare and rich in flavor.
11937.jpg

The leafy greens I planted a few weeks ago started to supply. The temperature in the big city is much higher, so I will bring some more seedlings to transplant in this small garden next week.
11968.jpg

Two kinds of cute mini Muffins we bought yesterday for him. :D
11962.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We stay with him every day. Although now I am much occupied with the gardening tasks, we prepare his meals, walk with him to the park nearby, and eat together with him at least one meal per day.
12306.jpg

Today's lunch and fruits
He looks cute in this sweater.
12276_0.jpg

It's much warmer in the city and the Narcissus/Daffodil blossoms everywhere.
12301.jpg

Our discount treasure hunt also remains - it becomes a routine anyway. I am still surprised about how many interesting items we can get at such a fantastic discount.
12069_0.jpg

12114_0.jpg

12304_0.jpg

Yesterday (Sunday all shops are closed) we got all these veggies and fruits at 50% off price in the evening.
12311.jpg

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We stay with him every day. Although now I am much occupied with the gardening tasks, we prepare his meals, walk with him to the park nearby, and eat together with him at least one meal per day.
View attachment 47628
Today's lunch and fruits
He looks cute in this sweater.
View attachment 47626
It's much warmer in the city and the Narcissus/Daffodil blossoms everywhere.
View attachment 47627

Our discount treasure hunt also remains - it becomes a routine anyway. I am still surprised about how many interesting items we can get at such a fantastic discount.
View attachment 47629
View attachment 47630
View attachment 47631
Yesterday (Sunday all shops are closed) we got all these veggies and fruits at 50% off price in the evening.
View attachment 47632
You're an inspiration!

Latest posts