Farm Day - Tractor Supply Co., Sanford, Maine

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wanted to alert everyone that is coming to the Farm Day that Saturday is supposed to be in the low 90's. Make sure your bringing water for your livestock and yourself. Most important on days like these are water & shelter for you and your animals.

On July 30th in Kennebunk municipal parking lot from 8 am - 12 at the farmers market they will be hosting a poultry event on the care and upkeep. This is being presented by a very nice lady, Kellie Danico who runs the Oxford and Lewiston swap's.

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
In lieu of the heat wave and 100 degree weather we've had the past few days I started receiving emails that some vendors didn't want to chance the high heat for their livestock and poultry. Very understandable, why put an animal in jeopardy.

Unfortunately since I run the swap I have to go so I bought some water and ice for a community ice water chest to compensate the heat. Getting there in the morning it was very overcast and cooler than the expected 90 + degree weather forecasted.

A few vendors did come with more following during the day for a much cooler day 80 degree and with the overcast it seemed like it was in the 70's. The overcast lasted pretty much all day and everybody did well. What a relief.

Here are a few photo's of the swap. You can tell the photo's are better because my wife Michelle took them with her new ipod.

There were piglets, poultry, farm equipment, chicken coops, a pair of beautiful old english bulldog puppies, some very nicely made bird house's, eggs & goat's milk for sale.

By the way we are looking for more people to sell farm produce, baked goods and more farm equipment.

photo9tscswap72311.jpg

photo1tscswap72311.jpg

photo2tscswap72311.jpg

photo3tscswap72311.jpg

photo4tscswap72311.jpg

photo5tscswap72311.jpg

photo6tscswap72311.jpg

photo7tscswap72311.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the swap photo's.

bob & michelle

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hopefully the next one will have better weather... I would not have been able to keep my chickens coo had I gone to yesterdays swap....

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Aug 6th this Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm is the next Farm Day swap at the Tractor Supply Store in Sanford, Maine.

Want to sell your livestock, poultry, waterfowl, farm produce or baked goods, then this is the place to come and enjoy the day.

NO SET UP FEE'S

New extended schedule for August, September, or October will be every Saturday.

People are looking for black sex links, araucana's, & silkies

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
wow! every saturday! wish i could make it today but it is good that i can get there next saturday. things have been a little hectic for me the last couple of weeks.

Stano, you were interested in the poultry spray. how close are you to Rochester, NH?

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
WOW!!! What a great swap with plenty of sellers and buyers. Everybody had a great time. Here are a few photo's of the swap, hope you enjoy them.

Stop by and visit soon.

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

See ya at the swap on Aug 13th

bob

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Is there going to be one Aug 20th??? a couple of friends and I want to come up and check it out... Havent been able to get there yet but am free the 20th

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Another great Farm Day at the Sanford, Maine Tractor Supply store.

Some new people came in with pony's and more rabbits.

Plenty to look at and now we are starting to see Farm Produce at the swap. Carrots, corn, beans, quick breads, peppers, canned goods, egg plant and more.

Check out the photo's and come by for a visit.

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

See ya at the swap!

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yes, unless the weather does a drastic turn around. The weather is supposed to be cloudy in the morning with a 50/50 chance of rain in the afternoon.

bob