Favorite FLOWER to grow in your garden?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Is bee balm an annual or perennial?
Bee balm is a perennial Seedcorn, and the clump increases yearly, so after a few years you can share it or replant in another garden area. The leaves are so fragrant too, very lemony/citrusy. :)

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the big, blowsy old-fashioned peonies in shades of pinks and reds. They always look so lush! I also have a weakness for sweet violets, lily of the valley, wild iris, bold and vivid-colored tuberous begonias, climbing English roses, and tiny sweet allysum. Anything that flowers is okay by me.

Edited because spelling has meaning.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I almost forgot...I was introduced to the Tahitian (Tiare) Gardenias when I was in Hawai'i. I have two plants coming to me in two weeks....the fragrance is unlike anything you have ever smelled. They are also one of my favorites.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every time I revisit this post- I find myself saying "Yeah, that too!" It really is impossible to choose!

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My favorite flowers are roses and bearded iris. I have at least 18 roses and 70-80 bearded iris. I love other flowers also like peonies and clematis and fortunately they all do well here in the high desert. My roses and iris are beginning to bloom now and I have two buds on my clematis. The peonies will come later.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
*A* favorite flower?

I can't even comprehend the concept :p

I don't even think I could make a short-list of a dozen.

Especially since, favorite for *what*? Sentimental associations, bone-hardiness, impressive or lengthy display, flowers that are really cool when examined close-up, low maintenance, ease of propagation without being a weed, etc.

I suppose my favorite flower is whatever I am looking at at the moment, that is in good shape and not causing me aggravation (such as tedious deadheading of individual blossoms) :p

Pat

sparks

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think back to my Moms garden. Oriental poppies (big and papery) and Peonies. I have some of her poppies finally growing here but can not grow Peonies for the life of me. I plant flowers all over the garden and yard but these are my favs.:bee

calendula

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
As my username would imply, my favorite flower is calendula :)

calendula.jpg

calendula2.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Can't believe I didn't respond to this one. Such a hard one too!!

I'm torn between my iris's now that I've gotten in the full look of them all.

14084_img_6673.jpg

14084_img_6672.jpg

Or the black eyed susan vine I adore!

14084_baby_quilt_girl3.jpg

Sorry about the blanket photo... the BES vine is in the background.

Latest posts