Favorite FLOWER to grow in your garden?

stepstephens2

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Malva Sylvestris 'Zebrina' I bought the seeds with only a close up picture of the flower, not realizing what shape the entire plant would grow into... We have weeds in this neighborhood that look almost identical (same family?) but never get more than a foot tall and certainly don't flower! It's hard to see, but the flowers grow in clusters up the stem of the plant. Once it got past 3 feet I started trying to learn more about it, I read somewhere it is related to Hollyhocks, which makes sense with its upright nature and height. But people around here are sure confused by it and want to know what I did to make the weeds grows so tall and bloom little flowers!

8005_black_malva_2.jpg

8005_black_malva.jpg

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
What lovely iris. With all the colors I have I don't have any those colors. They're so striking.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Vfem, I love your BES vine! I tried growing one here, and it died a miserable death. I keep looking for another plant to try again, but never seem to find them locally.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
SweetMissDaisy said:
Vfem, I love your BES vine! I tried growing one here, and it died a miserable death. I keep looking for another plant to try again, but never seem to find them locally.
Heavy fertilizing helped mine... one vine per every 8". They fill out VERY nice. We do ours from seed. :) If I can get more seeds this year I could send you some. But I have to wait for the vines to come back (self seeding here) and collect them when they're ready. :)

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, really!? Thanks! Put my name on your "interested" list! I'll think of something fun to exchange w/ you! :)

Latest posts