Fencing Question

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
One day I would like to have a large garden that is totally enclosed and I can just walk in. No birds, squirrels, racoons, etc. would ever eat my fruits and veggies again! I think Martha has a walk in blueberry garden. :\

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I suppose my GOOP gardening won't lend itself to this scheme. (Gardening On Other People's Property ;))

I told one neighbor that his huge pile of rocks was on the wrong (downwind) side of the garden. I envisioned either of 2 responses. :) He could have:
  • offered to carry the rocks to the other side of my garden and build a windbreak
  • offered the ground on the other side of the pile of rocks as a location for my garden
NyBoy, if we continue on a path of ever increasing population with ever diminishing natural resources, we should get back to those cheap labor rates.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ducks, you have to picture a much bigger garden. . . . then remember full sun is only 6 hours of direct sunlight a day. In the summer that would mean sun from 10:00 to 4:00. Quite possible depending upon the height of the stone walls where half the garden would be in sunlight earlier and the other half in sunlight later as the sun moved.

Loved "The Secret Garden". One of a very few books I read more than once.

Latest posts