Finally...Some Snow! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"With yesterday's storm, Spokane has now had more snowfall so far this season than all last season! This year so far: 18.5". Last year: 17.6""

So says the National Weather Service.

It doesn't mean that we have a lot of snow. We don't here at home. In fact, there must only be about half of what the WS says there is at the airport, west of Spokane. What it does show is that we have some snow and last year, there was tragically little.

It can't hurt in this neck of the woods! Single digitS' cold right after Christmas ... that hurts a little ;).

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I have your snow. Will hold it for you to come pick up. Please hurry. :confused:

We probably received 12". Didn't take a ruler out and measure, but it's pretty deep out there!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, I will play the olde guy, remembering when ;).

I remember in '68 ... Uncle Robin and I were out off of Ohio Match Road on Christmas Day and I figured that there was 11" of snow because I measured with my 11" boots.

After Christmas, it snowed, a lot! We had about 3' and it must have been 4' + out there. First year here and I didn't know what was common. Didn't know 25° zero wasn't.

This olde guy really has no idea if this winter will be repeat of that snowy cold winter, or a repeat of any winter over the last 50 years. We have had unusual weather for a couple of years with severe drought. Snow doesn't hold much water but our forest soils have been very dry. There is a little more snow falling.

Steve

Latest posts