First light frost of the year!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
chills said:
our first frost for sacramento is about nov 14, im learning i have 240+ days of a growing season .. still learning how that will all apply to me .. having frost already is strange to me, its still very very hot here .. high 90's during the daylight and low 60s at night ...
The low 60's at night. Eeks upper 70's here still at night.

Did you say frost?
gator_1.gif

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You people are MEANIES :>

(Although OTOH, I do not believe the temperature got above 85F at my house all summer, and most summer days were in the 70s, although I'll admit this was a very mild cool year... so neener neener to you airconditioning-bill-paying types LOL)

From the forecast, I expect the low tonight at our property will be below freezing, and I don't know whether my sheets and boxes will be sufficient for the tomatoers etc. Phoo. I hope they are, b/c we should otherwise have several more weeks of good growing weather. I did puree all my basil last night though.

Pat

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pat, I for one am jealous. I have 2 weeks to go, possibly longer. I am ready to let the frosts have at my garden. We had an extra month of dry summer here and I am so tired of it that I wake up and curse the sun. I know I shouldn't. I'm just tired. I want to do other things with my time than get up early and drag a hose around, or stay out late running water to the fringes of my property. I had to actually water my greenhouse after dark last night. It really sucked.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Weatherman said we should get a very light frost tomorrow night at some point... Northern parts of the state already has had frost... we had a very short summer what with all the rain in june and july it stayed cool...I have already taken down my Tomatoes as I got a blight and it hit every plant...nothing worse than starting seed in April & to have all that work go to rot just as they were about to ripen

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We may have frost tonight. Forecast possibly in the upper thirties, so we have a 50/50 chance of frost.

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Night before last. Only in the lowest parts of lawn, and not closer than about 20' to the veg garden which had the tomatoes and groundcherries and lima beans covered anyway...

...but frost nonetheless!

Howzabout everyone else?

Pat
What???!??!?!?!!

Frost?!

Its 105* outside and you tell me you get frost?!

What was the temp?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Later on that day you noticed the frost on your lawn, we had a near-record high, Pat. 90+F

After some sprinkles and some more sprinkles, high temps are supposed to go right back up to the 90's by the middle of next week. This time . . . that record will fall !

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep- frost alert tonight. Grrrr! I really hate it!! I am going to scurry around today and dig up a few things that I want to winter over -and hope for the best on the rest of it!! It is irritating, because as you say Pat, we should/could have another month of growing season, without frost. Oh well!! Hope all your plants survive, this one!