First World Problems

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
There's 1st world

There's 3rd world

...does off grid in a cabin, making 848 dollars a month, far up in the woods, small propane fridge, solar panels getting too much shade in winter, and generator problems count as ...

2nd world?
The best of all worlds?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red, it could be the best of all worlds, but then, for a kinna ole guy, (world's smallest violin), there really are...

2nd world problems...

1. None of those bikini clad boatbabes who admire my garden ever seem to wanna spend the night with me...

2. The new Yamaha 2000 watt generator needs to go to the shop, so until it's fixed I'm on the big ole honkin' noisemakin' gas guzzling 5,000 watt backup, and the solar panels in winter are not much help...

3. Why's my desk gotta be so #$^@ close to the woodstove? lol! I mean, hey with a cable extension to the modem, maybe I could switch it's places with the ole hideabed loveseat??? hmmm Sure glad i typed this! gave myself an idea! :throw

4. I need a good HIPPY name. Any ideas? "Sunshine" doesn't seem to fit...

5. 848 clams a month doesn't leave much for treats...but I am indeed buying a whole Pecan Pie this month! And I might even ration it so it lasts 2 days! :) (oink)

there are other 2nd world problems, but... I HAVE A 1ST WORLD CAR!!! I sure love my 2002 Subaru! She looks new, not a single dent, and ya have to get a magnifying glass to find the 3 or 4 tiny scratches. Course, had to almost starve for 5 months to afford it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, if "Sunshine" doesn't fit, Marshall, how about "Sunsted?" It is a new word that I've just learned. The sunsted is the solstice. See, you could go both ways - long day/short day.

It seems that in the etymology of the word is the implication of a place. As stead is used in homestead. And, it suggests to me that guy named Dagwood in the comic strip. Always felt sorry for that guy. If anyone needed a place in the sun, it was that guy. You've got a life about 180 from that.

ivcqgz.jpg

Hey Marshall, do you ever think about running about due east and visiting Peaceful Valley? You know, GrowOrganic.com.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Smart Red, it could be the best of all worlds, but then, for a kinna ole guy, (world's smallest violin), there really are...

2nd world problems...

1. None of those bikini clad boatbabes who admire my garden ever seem to wanna spend the night with me...

2. The new Yamaha 2000 watt generator needs to go to the shop, so until it's fixed I'm on the big ole honkin' noisemakin' gas guzzling 5,000 watt backup, and the solar panels in winter are not much help...

3. Why's my desk gotta be so #$^@ close to the woodstove? lol! I mean, hey with a cable extension to the modem, maybe I could switch it's places with the ole hideabed loveseat??? hmmm Sure glad i typed this! gave myself an idea! :throw

4. I need a good HIPPY name. Any ideas? "Sunshine" doesn't seem to fit...

5. 848 clams a month doesn't leave much for treats...but I am indeed buying a whole Pecan Pie this month! And I might even ration it so it lasts 2 days! :) (oink)

there are other 2nd world problems, but... I HAVE A 1ST WORLD CAR!!! I sure love my 2002 Subaru! She looks new, not a single dent, and ya have to get a magnifying glass to find the 3 or 4 tiny scratches. Course, had to almost starve for 5 months to afford it.
1.) You wait until night? They can't see the garden at night! Add lights and really give 'em something to see.
2.) Quit complaining, at least you HAVE a back up.
3.) Another unexpected blessing!
4.) Picabo worked for Ms. Street, but might make you seem like a dirty old man. I'm not too 'up' on Hippy names as my experience was limited to a few months. I do remember Pepper. Tsk, tsk, tsk!
5.) Selecting a few treats IS a first world problem. Treats are over-rated according to the AMA. I found a place that sells Pecan Pie by the slice (frozen). I'd go into sugar shock if I allowed myself to buy a whole pie! Just not good at rationing and DH doesn't like it.
6.) Yes, I know you only had 5, but that car caught my attention. You might need another car (send it to me) after that pie, since almost starving for a few months might be required.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just had one this morning: "Someone messed with the 'auto-off' button on the kureg and now I have to wait 30secs for it to heat up so I can get a 2nd cup of coffee!" :D / :rolleyes:

Marshall, I've got pies, cookies, brownies coming out my ears. Give me your address and I'll send you some!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Really Cane?

I'll pm it to you, but send me yours too and I'll send you some seeds.

:drool

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, really. I don't think the pies will ship very well, but the brownies and cookies should do fine. :D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane', can you send me cookies too?

So Lucky -- how about if we help you upload an avatar???

I'm not happy with a big "?" and plan on lobbying poor Nifty to replace that with something different. Are ya with me on that??

Lo Lucky - fuzzy dice? Bunny Rabbit with 4 feet?

What ya got in your picture folders?!

Steve

Latest posts