For Bay Dandelion Queen

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beer IS nasty. But I dump a beer in a bowl and add enough Bisquick to make a good dough, makes the best darn biscuits ever!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I dance better with cocktails,or so I think.
One of my younger day rules (I was pretty smart even then) was to never finish a drink that sat on the table while dancing. That applied to water or soda, too. I figured a girl could never be too careful in a drinking environment like that.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I dance better with cocktails,or so I think.
Haha, at my husband's Christmas party, I'm always saying have another glass of wine. But for some reason I can't get him to the dance floor. He tells me to ask so and so to dance with me. :rolleyes:

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH has never been one to dance. I believe we did once at daughter's wedding. Dancing is one of the things that I gave up -- never to really miss -- with the benefits of having DH himself.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Self-evaluation, discomfort with the evaluation of others. Women won't usually abide inebriated goofs ...

Maybe the question might be, why do so many women dance?

I was surprised to be described by someone once as being a person who liked to dance ..! I liked music. Didn't like to be always sitting on my butt ...

Actually, I felt sorry that she liked to dance but her husband wouldn't step out there with her.

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why do so many men not dance?
At least in my case ... I was starting to walk down a flight of stairs one windy fall morning, when I stepped on a newly dropped leaf on the next down step. When I woke up at the bottom of the stairs, I ended up in the emergency room then a couple of years in bed followed with a bad back pain since.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dear bobm, we all can understand an injury as a reason to not dance. I suspect Steve is closer to the truth for the majority of men who don't dance.

My father loved to dance. When mom stopped going out dancing with him I was sent as her surrogate -- and to be sure dancing was all he did. I love dancing to country music -- although he was quite good at the twist -- and I found the Polka exhilarating. When my students had their session of 'dance' in gym class I always stayed for the fun and danced with my students.

I'm not too sure just how current music is danced to, but I might feel strange doing some of the more suggestive dances -- actually wouldn't be doing them. I would have loved learning ballroom dance if DH would have been interested, but now my balance is somewhat iffy and I'm not sure I'd want to dance anymore. Still have my toe tapping, though.

Latest posts