For Bay Dandelion Queen

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No. Not for lack of offers, but lack of desire.

I got drunk once in my life. I was 12 and it was New Year's Eve. The adults were out celebrating and my oldest cousin had her own celebration planned as the taillights went out of view.

I got sick. That was when the outhouse was my only recourse and ice formed in the glass beside the bed. Not a pretty picture. That's also when I realized I was a bit of a control freak. That one lapse of control stayed with me through the years. No puffing, no pills for me after that unpleasant life-experience.

I don't doubt that I have an addictive personality, but I restrict my addictions to DH, food, reading (at one time) and gardening -- all relatively safe addictions.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red sometimes I believe we where separated at birth! I do not smoke (Cigarettes or other.) No hard liquor. Only got drunk once. Not sick to stomach but HATED the sensation. I can be ditzy at the best of times. No need to further it with drugs or alcohol. Besides it can be really fun watching those that have over indulged. I think my biggest vice is CHOCOLATE!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is where we veer apart. Chocolate is not one of my vices. Anything chocolate I can purchase for DS, DH, or the Grands with no fear I will fall prey to its seductive call. Nope! Just don't like the stuff.

I can't stand beer, but I'm not against a bit of hard liquor from time to time. I just seldom find a situation where I find the need -- and then it's one small drink and I'm back on water. In fact, I much prefer the fix'ens to drinks that the alcohol that goes into them. Screwdriver (sans vodka or gin) is one of my favorite drinks. Blender, peeled orange, ice, and a touch of almond extract = Fuzzy navel. My fave! Eats with a spoon and straw.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is where we veer apart. Chocolate is not one of my vices. Anything chocolate I can purchase for DS, DH, or the Grands with no fear I will fall prey to its seductive call. Nope! Just don't like the stuff.

I can't stand beer, but I'm not against a bit of hard liquor from time to time. I just seldom find a situation where I find the need -- and then it's one small drink and I'm back on water. In fact, I much prefer the fix'ens to drinks that the alcohol that goes into them. Screwdriver (sans vodka or gin) is one of my favorite drinks. Blender, peeled orange, ice, and a touch of almond extract = Fuzzy navel. My fave! Eats with a spoon and straw.
Beer is nasty stuff. Which my GERMAN family finds an odd thought and I must have been adopted! LOL

Latest posts