Future BBQ's

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:oops: I was wrong to come across like I was complaining. My husband builds beautiful outbuildings for me. It's true that I do a lot of wheedling and resort to bribery, but he is great at being more realistic than I am. He keeps me under control :D.
This summer he will be building me a hay barnette to keep a couple tons of hay out of the weather. And he will also be expanding the back steps into a small deck with a roof to keep the water from running down my neck when I come in the back door. :love
YOU? Out of control? NEVER!

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OH yum, BBQ chicken! Feels like it's been ages! Almost makes me want to get a few meaties, but no... been there, done that.. regret those last 5 weeks or so every time. But they taste so good.... and the fried..... oooooooh no, no no

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I figured out today that Dew isn't strong enough to wield the framing nailer. Bless her heart, she did try...once. So I guess she will just have to continue to be content with me hearing the voices in her head ;)

On another note, the new coop is completely framed in and the rafters are set. Dew was in charge of picture taking, so I don't know what she has. I'll post what she has when she gets home. I really wanted to finish it this weekend, but it's come to my attention that this stuff used to be easier 30 years ago. I should know better than to come out of winter hibernation and jump right into a building project :idunno

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I figured out today that Dew isn't strong enough to wield the framing nailer. . . . . . I really wanted to finish it this weekend, but it's come to my attention that this stuff used to be easier 30 years ago. I should know better than to come out of winter hibernation and jump right into a building project :idunno
:yuckyuck
I am certainly not against building the new coop myself. It's just that our son is currently spending his inheritance and might as well put his time to good use. 'Sides, I've got him trained to be a carpenter. His work is fantastic, like his dad's!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The little monsters are up to 2-1/2 pounds. Looks like cornish game hen time this weekend. I'll put 6 in the freezer on Saturday.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
At least I tried to swing a hammer or use a nail gun and not be afraid to break a finger nail.....Sorry I'm too short to reach the roof even on a 6' ladder. :/

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have 40 more chicken wings for the grill! Unfortunately they are still attached to the peeps I bought this afternoon. That's right folks, 20 more CX added to the meat barn. I can't bring myself to call it a chicken coop any more, now that the hens are in the new coop. I'll spare folks of the "cute chicks" pics.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm sad to report that we have lost 2 meaties yesterday. One was just a baby the other was about a month old. Not sure what happened.