Garden humor thread..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read a good comment recently that goes something like this, " we should be informed of the laws for the rich".
Then we know where we all stand as far as getting a prostitution for assault rape and murder, it would certainly save us time if nothing else

i think you meant the word "prosecution" ... but yes, interesting perspective...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
87 new plant season.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read a good comment recently that goes something like this, " we should be informed of the laws for the rich".
Then we know where we all stand as far as getting a prostitution for assault rape and murder, it would certainly save us time if nothing else
Coincidentally, the book I am reading (just finishing up) is more or less about this. It's a fantasy novel by Tom Holt called The Management Style of the Supreme Beings. In it, God sells the dominion of Earth over to another divine concern, thinking it's time to retire. This new concern takes a much more corporate approach to ruling and, besides directly manifesting to everyone (so that there is no longer any doubt that God exists), replaces good and evil with what basically amounts to "Pay to Sin", where you can literally get away with ANYTHING without divine punishment, so long as you have the money (sort of like pardons and indulgences, except universal and guaranteed).

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coincidentally, the book I am reading (just finishing up) is more or less about this. It's a fantasy novel by Tom Holt called The Management Style of the Supreme Beings. In it, God sells the dominion of Earth over to another divine concern, thinking it's time to retire. This new concern takes a much more corporate approach to ruling and, besides directly manifesting to everyone (so that there is no longer any doubt that God exists), replaces good and evil with what basically amounts to "Pay to Sin", where you can literally get away with ANYTHING without divine punishment, so long as you have the money (sort of like pardons and indulgences, except universal and guaranteed).
Uncanny, because that's exactly what is really happening :)

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Uncanny, because that's exactly what is really happening :)
Well, sort of. It is happening in the sense of temporal justice (i.e. punishments that can be meted out by humans to each other in this life) while the book concerns divine justice (i.e. the kind you get or don't after you die). It's literally the difference between going to jail and going to Hell.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
... or start more, and round up to an even 100. Experience has taught me that number will be revised upward several more times. The Japanese beetles that attack the garden come from the lawn, so the answer is obvious... less lawn, more garden. :rolleyes:

Latest posts