Garden humor thread..

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, sort of. It is happening in the sense of temporal justice (i.e. punishments that can be meted out by humans to each other in this life) while the book concerns divine justice (i.e. the kind you get or don't after you die). It's literally the difference between going to jail and going to Hell.
So there's a difference then ;)

I would really like to read this book

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
So there's a difference then ;)

I would really like to read this book
Here's the link (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316270822?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details).

Though I should warn you that you may have some trouble really "getting" the book if you haven't read the rest of Tom Holt's works (and there are a LOT of them). Technically, all of his books stand on their own (except for those in the Portable Door series, which are more or less sequels of each other, as are the Doughnut Hole Books. And while I haven't read it yet, I suspect An Orc on the Wild Side is a sequel to The Good, The Bad, and the Smug). But he draws on a sort of standard cast of characters that occupy the same universe, more or less. So reading the ones that come before is not a bad idea.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's the link (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316270822?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details).

Though I should warn you that you may have some trouble really "getting" the book if you haven't read the rest of Tom Holt's works (and there are a LOT of them). Technically, all of his books stand on their own (except for those in the Portable Door series, which are more or less sequels of each other, as are the Doughnut Hole Books. And while I haven't read it yet, I suspect An Orc on the Wild Side is a sequel to The Good, The Bad, and the Smug). But he draws on a sort of standard cast of characters that occupy the same universe, more or less. So reading the ones that come before is not a bad idea.
The management style of the supreme" is the book both my friend and I would be most interested in to start with. I will be looking this guy up :)

This will also make a great birthday gift for an old friend of mine.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The management style of the supreme" is the book both my friend and I would be most interested in to start with. I will be looking this guy up :)

This will also make a great birthday gift for an old friend of mine.
This book is ordered and will be with my dear old friend very soon. Thanks again :thumbsup

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
1650587204731.png

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That hits home with me, since, except in those places that policy requires they ask EVERYONE for ID, no matter HOW old, I have NEVER been carded, even when I was young enough they should have (being terminally lazy, I basically started growing a beard the moment my body started producing one, so by the time I was in my 20's I ALREADY looked like I was 40).
And, in a related point, people keep coming up to me and asking me for cigarettes, even though I don't (and have never) smoked. I think they do this because, due to mixed genetics, my beard naturally LOOKS like it is heavily nicotine stained.
It has also led people to think I was Irish, which is actually sometimes a problem (particularly when you are a nervous, twitchy person who never drinks, in NYC, on St. Patrick's Day when it is full of merrymaking people who want to buy a pint of Guinness for every Irishman they see and don't seem to want to take "no" for an answer.)

Latest posts