Garden humor thread..

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a lot of physics involved in the alignments geese use during migration. Many do not know the reason one leg of the 'V' flight formation is longer than the other one. It's because the extended leg has more geese in it.
Maybe some of the geese were right-winged, and others left-winged. ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
that's not considered cheating?
I think that during those competitions, the contestants are supposed to bring or select their own ingredients. She shoulda had that bottle open before the gun was fired. The lady there looking perplexed may have been a judge, allowing her to run off to the girl dad ;).

@Zeedman , we received an envelope today addressed by pen from an office worker. I showed it to DW and commented how one recognizes a left-hand writer easily ... because, this girl dad has a left-handed daughter.

Steve :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
84610121_10157870225300070_6863142453772288000_n.jpg

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mr. (The Big Guy, WKRP) Carlson: "How many times have you said to yourself, 'if I knew then what I know now?' Well, By Golly, this is the new then. Now, I mean. Because I know now what I didn't used to know then. As a manner of speaking, you could say that I know now what I know now."

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a wise person knows what they don't know and will admit it at length, perhaps at long enough length that you might think they're saying more than they really mean. kinda like this post... except i know better to think i'm wise. i'm just a wee sprout after all...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe some of the geese were right-winged, and others left-winged. ;)

i'm pretty sure it is related to numbers and which direction the wind is coming from. the bird at the front burns the most energy and the others ride along in the slipstream and have less drain. when the leader gets too tired they switch out. sorry, the pedant nerd scientific brain in my head can't resist commenting. :) i still think it is interesting... we have a lot of honkers flying around here - we're not too far from a large wildlife refuge devoted mostly to them.

Latest posts