Garden Photos, Everyone Post Some

raabfarm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
8866_001.jpg

Pictures are from 10 days ago so add a foot to the corn and flowers and double the size of most everything else! Above average temps which makes for warm nights have really pushed this zone 4 garden.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
petey, that arch looks amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. And I love, your idea of covering the entire walkway. That would look amazing and oh how the "little people" would have fun with that!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
catjac1975 Sand doesnt hold moisture very well , I had to add lots of compost dirt, alot of chicken poop, straws , and all kinds of kitchen food scraps, coffee grounds etc. It was a lot of work !, but at the end is worth it !! That is if I get lucky enough if something dont get to them first !! ( Jackrabbits, gophers, )

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are a very devoted gardener!
desertlady said:
catjac1975 Sand doesnt hold moisture very well , I had to add lots of compost dirt, alot of chicken poop, straws , and all kinds of kitchen food scraps, coffee grounds etc. It was a lot of work !, but at the end is worth it !! That is if I get lucky enough if something dont get to them first !! ( Jackrabbits, gophers, )

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great idea. Wouldn't you love to see squash, cukes and the like hanging down through the arches. Or how about bird house gourds and dinosaur gourds. I love it!
peteyfoozer said:
Catjac, the arches are 16' cattle panels. They are about $20. I think next year I will cover the whole 'walkway' thru the veggie garden with them and grow my peas and beans and all that on them. It should save a lot of space, make for easy picking and give me a bit more shade :thumbsup

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, I have copied the cattle panel idea- and I love growing birdhouse gourds...A great idea to let them climb on there! I will definitely do that next year!

Latest posts