garden swing help

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I say go with the season....a pretty pumpkin orange for the swing.

Item-865_Royal-English-Porch-Swing_bright-orange.jpg

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_2021.JPG Since you want yellow. This is Tuscan Sun by Rust-oleum. It is a spray paint but you could pick up their brochure and have them match it to the sample. I love it!

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary , all the lovely cobalt blue pots that you have are what got me thinking that a nice deep blue would be a good choice.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love blue. Not sure it works on swing? While I hate bright colors-except on fish and chickens-they do look good on swings.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Paint it a color that makes you happy Cane. No matter if it clashes with your house, or is not trendy or nobody else can figure out why you picked it.
That swing brings you happy memories and should wear a color that reflects that.

I love yellow, and had an Adirondack chair built and painted a bright sunflower yellow. It's in my little picket garden. It's my chair and where I go to sit and think or relax or take my troubles.
Yellow is not my husbands favorite color, and doesn't make him so happy, haha. There isn't a lot of yellow inside my house because I respect that it's a cringy color for him, so we compromise.

But if it were my swing, I'd go wild and pick my favorite color, no matter anybody else's opinion.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me too. Certain colors make my heart smile and so I tend to gravitate towards those. I think it's worth it in this world to let colors soothe us and give us a warm feeling if we possibly can.

Thistle, I love yellow too....and certain colors of green. They are my go to colors, along with barn red. I have touches of those colors throughout any home I live in, simply because they cheer me and soothe me, bringing me good memories.

Even incorporated them into the outhouse we just built. The old one was brown, brown, brown...Dad's choice and was built 25 yrs ago, using reclaimed materials, such as the antique commode and such.

We changed it to a more usable size, color, lightness, etc. for a more cheery experience...made it more family and girl friendly. We even turned it in a different direction so as to catch more of a breeze and get more light into the door. If one is going to use an outhouse, it better be as pleasant as possible!

Before....

100_5824.JPG

100_5825.JPG

100_5826.JPG

After.....kept the exterior of colors that match the other structures on the land, but did what we wanted with the inside. These were all paint colors we had on hand from other projects, so we just brought them all together.

100_6017.JPG
100_6016.JPG
100_6012.JPG
100_6015.JPG

Latest posts