garden swing help

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I agree paint it whatever color you want. In your case I don't think you have to compromise like some of us. I don't like green but that's my husband's favorite color, so our house is green.

It's funny but my favorite color is fuchsia yet other than my glasses and a pea coat, I don't have anything else in that color. Not even in my garden! But I guess my garden has enough color. :rolleyes:

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Arm repair finished.
Everything sanded smooth again.
Backed out nails driven back in, screws added where needed.
READY TO HANG THIS WEEKEND!!!!!
(still not painted/stained yet.... but that is coming soon)
11.16.17.jpg
11.16.17 arms.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
After.....kept the exterior of colors that match the other structures on the land, but did what we wanted with the inside. These were all paint colors we had on hand from other projects, so we just brought them all together.

View attachment 22120 View attachment 22119 View attachment 22121 View attachment 22118

love it!

reminds me of a friend's outhouse where i used to visit. there was a big enough overhang that she just put a sturdy screen on one whole side. a bit cool in the winter, but the air was always fresh. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
looks like fun work there canesister. :) i did some dumpster diving and refurbishing of some furniture and still have them here in my room. two tables and a small bookcase. for about $20 total. most of that spent on paint, glue and sandpaper.

i'm not sure what i would do for colors. i tend to like primary and bright.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks! :D
Yes, I've got a small table that he built for the computer. Since I tossed the home PC, the table now holds all the coffee gear.
Of course, there are the decks around the house and the interior of the barn - but having something that is just for enjoying (not utility or work) is nice. And this one is extra special since he built it for Mom.