gas prices ++ didn't take long

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad got a 5hp outboard motor with green stamps!

Marshall, that "4.15 in Potter Valley" must be close to the nation's highest price!

The electric bill has a flyer with something about new wind generation from the nearby hills. If wind has a use, high in the Palouse Hills should be a good place to find it! These hills are loess - windblown soil.

I wonder if my next vehicle can be an electric one . . . guess, it would have to be small.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I lived in Dillon, a community originally made as a train stop, I learned that those huge modern locomotives are actually hybrid diesel/electric powered. Huge diesel engines generate electricity for equally huge electric motors that supply the power that actually turns the wheels.

I didn't know that until then.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
8721_tinycar.jpg

Here ya go - solve the gas problem.
You buy the tiny little pod - then add on whatever back you want - more seats, dump bed, tank track :p

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So those things are like Segways, Canesisters? You can just add components?

I don't suppose that I need a Union Pacific locomotive but something with a little more power than a wheelbarrow would help . . . Marshall: diesel electric must provide a smoother flow of power to the wheels than easily accomplished with an infernal combustion engine.

My Uncle Rob worked for Union Pacific mostly out of Lewiston to Headquarters, Idaho. He started as a "fireman" and when the railroad eliminated that position, he became an engineer. I "drove" a locomotive in the switching yard in Lewiston under his watchful eye when I was a kid :p.

Steve

Latest posts