gas prices ++ didn't take long

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like corvairs, pintos, mavericks and chevettes! i think hudsons are cool, and ramblers are awesome! i'd love to have a '50 woody with overdrive like my dad had before i was born, and the mid '50's hillman minx was so cool Bond, James Bond had one in a movie. somewhere in monaco.

i personally think they should make corvettes that are cheap with a little tiny v4, big enough to get to 55 on the level given enough time. wouldn't it be just perfect karma for that 18 year old kid working in mcdonalds at minimum wage to pull up to work in a corvette next to the boss's pt cruiser?

I miss my 1964 datsun pickup. it's motor was smaller than most harley motors. little mouse of a truck

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I miss my 50cc motor scooter. Only 38 mph top speed, but over 80 mpg. Wind in the hair riding. :weee Okay, so I wore a full face helmet, it was still a blast. I once rode it to a town over 70 miles away. Only cost me about $6. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
I like corvairs, pintos, mavericks and chevettes! i think hudsons are cool, and ramblers are awesome! i'd love to have a '50 woody with overdrive like my dad had before i was born, and the mid '50's hillman minx was so cool Bond, James Bond had one in a movie. somewhere in monaco.

i personally think they should make corvettes that are cheap with a little tiny v4, big enough to get to 55 on the level given enough time. wouldn't it be just perfect karma for that 18 year old kid working in mcdonalds at minimum wage to pull up to work in a corvette next to the boss's pt cruiser?

I miss my 1964 datsun pickup. it's motor was smaller than most harley motors. little mouse of a truck
OMG, my 1st car was a used (bright yellow) Maverick! No One ever mentions them when talking dream cars. :gig It had no power anything, no glove box and no car payments. (Paid cash!) We drove it until it just died of old age.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
For those who don't remember, the very first Corvettes in 1953 were 6 cylinders.

4.20_intro_1953engine.jpg

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
marshallsmyth said:

OMG, my 1st car was a used (bright yellow) Maverick! No One ever mentions them when talking dream cars. :gig It had no power anything, no glove box and no car payments. (Paid cash!) We drove it until it just died of old age.
:lol:
while dh and i were cleaning out the house we're currently in i happen to come across what looked like hubcap emblems for a car. dh told me they probably belonged to the Maverick they once owned! he remembers the Pinto too! scarry car from what he tells me. :th

i remember my parents owning a gold Chevette during the early 80's! i've seen one running around during the summer but it is primer black and the guy looks like everything he ever owned is still in that car! i can't believe he drives it that way :lol: i also remember the white 3 door Renault LeCar my dad used to drive to and from work everyday on the Spaulding Turnpike. it got to a point during winters where the gas tank or part of it would just shrivel up from the cold and vacuum pressure and he wouldn't know when the tank was empty (think it used to have a plastic tank). it eventually had too many problems he couldn't fix and by 1992 he got rid of it for the 3 cylinder Geo Metro.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 2008 when gas prices rose above $4/gallon, not 2007 as I said earlier.

The national average price for regular gas is at nearly $3.75 a gallon as of yesterday.

February 19, 2013 (click)

February! It hasn't been this expensive since October . . . I wonder what it will cost in October, 2013.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 4.15 in Potter Valley yesterday. But that's a small town. Probably a good amount less in Ukiah.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I also remember gas at 19 cents a gallon. Families would spend Sunday afternoons in their cars driving around, as it was an inexpensive way to keep the kids entertained. We called them Sunday Drivers. And, when you bought gas they pumped it, checked the oil, water and tires and cleaned your windshield and frequently gave you a drinking glass or dish for buying their gas. Oh for the good old days again. ;)

Jack B.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
jackb said:
I also remember gas at 19 cents a gallon. Families would spend Sunday afternoons in their cars driving around, as it was an inexpensive way to keep the kids entertained. We called them Sunday Drivers. And, when you bought gas they pumped it, checked the oil, water and tires and cleaned your windshield and frequently gave you a drinking glass or dish for buying their gas. Oh for the good old days again. ;)

Jack B.
...and Green or Top Value Stamps. Oh well. :hu

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
jackb said:

Jack B.
...and Green or Top Value Stamps. Oh well. :hu
Don't forget the free road maps for any state in the union..... :rolleyes:

Jack B

Latest posts