Got Taken With Mini Rose

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
And you can't really tell if they are florist or hardy roses unless someone in produce knows. I've planted mini roses that lived and bloomed for years. I've also planted florist roses (I was much younger then) that didn't even make it to fall.

But then, I don't know roses.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They are no fools. They know what works and they work that hard.

@Nyboy it also provides magnesium which helps in photosynthesis and strengthens the cell walls. Tomatoes, Peppers, and roses are heavy magnesium feeders compared to other plants. It helps everybody but those 3 especially.

I give it to all my plants when I plant them. Goes right into the hole with the plant. Helps prevent BER.

Monthly though I will go back and side dress it to my tomatoes and peppers to keep them going strong. Started doing a couple years back and it's improved both the quality of my yields as well as increased yields overall. And at the price why not?

It's supposed to help fight black spot disease in roses when you give it to them but I don't have any experience with that. I left all my roses at our old house I didn't have the heart to dig them up and keep them potted till we found our current home.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would stir it around in the hole to mix it with the soil before putting the rose in.

Yes sorry wasn't more clear on that. I sprinkle it in when I plant. We've got clay soil here do you have to break it up and mix it or all you'll have are chunks which doesn't help when you plant.

Far as black spot goes I would think it makes the plant heartier and better able to defend itself better than actually curing the condition.

Latest posts